Extension in Edge does not work across multiple browser profiles

Options
kop48
kop48
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I have two profiles configured in Edge - one for personal, and one for work. On the personal profile, the 1Password browser extension connects to the 1Password app correctly. On the work profile, the 1Password icon is greyed out and fails to connect. This used to work, not sure when it stopped.

Edge version: Version 98.0.1108.23 (Official build) Beta(arm64)

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.2.4
OS Version: 12.1 (21C52)

Comments

• brettg
    brettg
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having this issue on Edge (x86). Seems like whichever profile I use first gets the connection, but the second one fails.

Version 100.0.1185.36
    Surface Pro 8 - Windows 11

Did you get any answers on this?

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I did not!

• Hi @brettg / @kop48:

This definitely doesn't sound like the experience we want you to have with 1Password and Edge, and I'd also like to apologize for your post being missed the first time around.

Just to confirm, "Integrate with 1Password app" is enabled in both of your Edge profiles in the 1Password extension, correct?

If it is, we might need to dig a bit deeper into what could be causing this. Let me know!

Jack

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

OK figured out the problem for me - I had the Beta extension on my main profile, and the Classic extension on the other. I've moved to the Beta for both and now it's working 👍

• Hey @kop48:

Awesome to hear 😀! 1Password 8 only supports the newer extension, not the classic extension, so that would explain the trouble you ran into.

Jack

• brettg
    brettg
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

@Jack.P_1P Yes, for the working profile, but on the non-working profile(s) I can't get to the settings page. Clicking on the 1Password icon brings up this page: https://agilebits.com/browsers/welcome.html

And there is an error message on that page:

Looking for the 1Password helper
    The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly.

Try again Learn More

Couldn’t connect to 1Password
    Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension. Follow the simple steps on our support site or contact us.

• Hi @brettg:

Thanks for sharing the additional screenshot! It looks like you've installed our classic extension there. If you have 1Password 8 installed, that would explain why you're running into trouble. 1Password 8 only supports the newer 1Password extension, available here: Get started with 1Password in your browser

After installing 1Password in the browser, let me know if that improves your state of play.

Jack

• brettg
    brettg
    Community Member
    Options

Ta da! Thanks for helping me out. Problem solved.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brettg On behalf of Jack, you are welcome!

This discussion has been closed.