Duplicate Hell

Options
safetyman
safetyman
Community Member

I have standalone 1PW. v7.9.828. Somewhere along the line, I think my sole vault
became duplicated. Perhaps it was back when the browser extension was doing that.

Now I have a total of two vaults. The default named 1Password and another I'll call "Vault2".
The default has 729 items and Vault2 has 407. My guess is that I really only need Vault2.
Is there a way to see the items that 1Password has and Vault2 does not? There probably
aren't many and if so, I could manually add them to Vault2. I suspect Vault2 began as yet
another copy of my original vault and has been extended from there.

I'm just trying to clean up the mess. As far as I can tell, I only need one vault. Ideally, I
would like to create one vault with no duplicates. Not sure if the default vault can be
removed.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @safetyman

I was just speaking with one of our lead product folks about this sort of scenario. We were bouncing around some ideas about how we could build better tooling to help when this scenario arises. As it stands, I'm afraid we don't have much. One thing for sure to look out for would be if you have a vault named "Primary" -- that should be cleaned up, if so. Our migration team, which you can reach by email at support+tradein@1password.com, can help with that. Beyond that the best I could suggest is to sort the item list in a way that may help you track down and eliminate duplicates. In 1Password 7 for Windows the three sort options I think might help are:

• Title
    • Date created
    • Date modified

Presumably items that were more recently created or modified would be the ones you'd want to keep, but definitely double check that.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• safetyman
    safetyman
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi Ben,

It's kind of amazing to me that this functionality doesn't already exist. From what I've read it did, but just for Mac and now it's gone. How hard can it be to do this for exact dups? And if they aren't exact dups, then I can go item by item.

Eric

• Ben
    Options

@safetyman

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer, but I have to imagine if it were a simple problem to solve we would've solved it. 😞

Ben

This discussion has been closed.