Incorrect credit card icon

gzearfoss
gzearfoss
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Android

I am trying to add a store specific credit card that is not issued by one of the companies listed in the drop down box. When I save the card, the icon changes from the generic credit card icon to a Discover card icon, even though it is not Discover, and I did not select Discover. I am unable to change the icon back to any other icon. This happens in both the Chrome browser add in and in the Windows version. The Android version shows all cards with generic icons, but the Windows version shows the incorrect one. I don't know if it's relevant, but the 16 digit card number starts with 6004, and it's not a Discover based card.

I also entered a store specific card that had a entered a card that had a 12 digit number, and that card saved with generic icon, as it should.

How can I change it back to the generic icon in the browser and Windows version?
Glenn

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:credit card icon

Comments

• Hi @gzearfoss:

Great question! We've changed the way we determine the card type, relying on the card number itself, rather than the card type selected. I've brought up your specific feedback on cards beginning with 6004 internally. In the meantime, setting a custom icon would be the best way to eliminate the Discover icon from this card.

Jack

• gzearfoss
    gzearfoss
    Community Member

Where do I find how do to this? When I tried to change the icon, it opened a dialogue box to point to a file with the icon. I don't have an icon file to use that has a generic credit card icon. Where do I find the icons? I'll need either a file to use, or know a correct file format and size to use for this.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited January 2022

Hey @gzearfoss:

Thanks for following up on this. This is the generic credit card icon we use on my.1Password.com:

To replace the Discover icon with this "custom" icon, download this icon (right click > save image). Choose the option to edit the icon in 1Password, then select the image you have just downloaded. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#3266

• gzearfoss
    gzearfoss
    Community Member

All taken care of. Thanks for your help!

• Hello @gzearfoss thanks for letting us know that helped resolve the issue! You are very welcome.

This discussion has been closed.