How can I unify the log in passwords on the several mobiles?

Options
88R88
88R88
Community Member

Thank you for your helpful kindness.

I'd like to unify the opening with the same newly defined password.
I manually changed all three mobiles to the same password.
(I can see it have changed on all the screens)

However, none of them opens with the same password as the previous one, and that password is not the same either.
(I have two mobiles, iPhone X and XS, that one open with a password I changed a month ago, and another one, MacBook, open with another password I changed two months ago)

I updated the iOS on my mobile and laptop few weeks ago and this has been happening since before that around two months.
(Currently, MacBook ver. is 12.1 and iPhone is 15.2.1)

What can I do to unify the opening with the same newly defined password?
Please let me know.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi @88R88:

I'd be happy to help you with this! By any chance, do you happen to have any standalone vaults on these devices? The 1Password apps follow this order for what password will unlock the app:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the account password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the account password of the first added membership

Let me know, and if that's not the case, I can dig into it further with you!

Jack

• 88R88
    88R88
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your kindness. Does the word ‘standalone vaults’ you said mean without 1Password app?

I have only one account of 1Password account, all devices accepted different passwords. Their password are the latest, the one which I made and changed in the past. ( there are available several passwords what depend on each mobile are used the previous x times before )

Is it better another way, for example, install again once? (No ideas…)

Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

@88R88

On behalf of Jack, you're very welcome. "Standalone vaults" are legacy vaults which are not associated with a 1Password membership. They may be set up to sync through 3rd party services, such as Dropbox or iCloud, or may not be set up to sync at all. If you look in 1Password's preferences at your list of vaults, if you have one named "Primary" that would be an indicator that you have one or more standalone vaults. Another way to check this would be to sign in at https://start.1password.com/ and see if you see all of your data there. If you do not, then you likely have standalone vaults.

If that is the case we'll need to get you in touch with our migration team to help you get the contents of those vaults moved into membership-based vaults. That team can be reached via email at support+tradein@1password.com.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.