1P 7.9.4 crashing on iOS 12 and 13

Options
LosInvalidos
LosInvalidos
Community Member
edited February 2022 in iOS

Persisting after restart. Crashes in 100% of attempts to open app.
Crash log (1 year): https://bin.disroot.org/?99620356bbf433fb#ECokevoMoS6TbcUdij9S2todUYwvqdsVrGtVhpA2hJSW

I know this is an old iOS, but this iPad model sadly is stuck on that OS. It is still a good device I would love to continue using and not artificially make it obsolete. So would apreciate it very much, if this could be looked at. Thanks for making 1P.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 12.5.5

Comments

• Hey @LosInvalidos:

I'm sorry you're running into this crash. Thank you for your crash log, we'll take a look and see what could be going on here. I've added you to our issue of affected users and hopefully we can have this smoothed out soon. Thanks for your patience!

Jack

ref: apple-5632

• Gangbuster
    Gangbuster
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. iOS 12.5.5 on my iPad mini 2. Immediate crash when opening the app.

• Hey @Gangbuster:

I'm sorry you're running into this as well. We're actively investigating, and I've added you as affected to our issue.

Jack

• opwuser
    opwuser
    Community Member
    Options

same on original Air. 12.5.5 is the max upgrade. That’s three times in a short space of time now. As I asked last time, please don’t only do the immediate fix but put processes in place that keep this from happening with each new release. Not all of us can afford constant hardware updates. Must that really mean we have to forgo online security?

• TD2021
    TD2021
    Community Member
    Options

Wednesday 09-Feb-2022:

1P 7.9.4 crashing on iPhone11 running iOS 13.3.1.

This is exactly the same problem that happened back in October 2021 after an update was issued and was later fixed by issuing a subsequent update within a day or two of that release.
    Please can you fix and issue another update as now I can't access any of my data.
    Thanks.

• TD2021
    TD2021
    Community Member
    Options

Wednesday 09-Feb-2022:

1P 7.9.4 crashing on iPhone11, running iOS 13.3.1

Updated this morning and now 1P won't run.
    Similar issue to what happened back in October 2021.
    Please can issue update/fix ASAP as I now can't access my data.

Thanks.

• TD2021
    TD2021
    Community Member
    Options

1P 7.9.4 crashing on iPhone11 running iOS 13.3.1.

This is exactly the same problem that happened back in October 2021 and was later fixed by issuing a subsequent update within a day or two of that release.
    Please can you fix and issue another update as now I can't access any of my data.
    Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iPhone 11, iOS 13.3.1
    Referrer: forum-search:7.9.4 not working

• DavidFromFrance
    DavidFromFrance
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem this morning on original Air. 12.5.5, After update, crashes in 100% of attempts to open app. Please fix this quickly and update.
    Thanks

• lmcbride
    lmcbride
    Community Member
    Options

I also had problems back in October 2021. And today I am unable to access this much used app on my iphone.
    Can someone in support please give us an ETA on the fix of this problem.

• r0b0t0
    r0b0t0
    Community Member
    Options

Same Problem here. Crashes on every start and is impossible to use on iPhone 6 (stuck on iOS 12.5.5).
    I need this tool every day. Please fix this quickly and update. Many thanks in advance.

• Hi everyone, thanks very much for your patience. Our development team have found the root cause of the problem leading to the crash for 1Password on older versions of iOS, and they have published a fix today. You will soon see an update available for 1Password through the App Store, updating it to version 7.9.5.

How to keep 1Password up to date

Once you've updated 1Password to version 7.9.5, it will work normally again. We're very sorry for the inconvenience that this problem has caused you, and again, thank you for being patient with us while we've worked on a solution.

– Will

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    Options

Confirming the fix. Can you share what went wrong and how this got addressed?

• Ben
    Options

Hey @LosInvalidos

Can you share what went wrong

We no longer beta test updates for 1Password for iOS against anything as old as iOS 12/13 internally, and none of our external testers reported the problem. That indicates to me that none of our volunteer beta testers are running iOS 12/13 anymore either.

and how this got addressed?

As soon as the crash was identified it was escalated to engineering, and work began on hunting down a device old enough to run iOS 12. Fortunately one of our developers still had one, and we were able to reproduce the problem. Once the problem was reproduced it was able to be identified, then corrected in the 7.9.5 update.

Confirming the fix.

Thank you!

Ben

• lmcbride
    lmcbride
    Community Member
    Options

Will
    Just got 7.9.5 update from the app store. Massive relief when the app opened. Can you express my gratitude to your programmers for fixing this problem.

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I appreciate you taking the time trying to answer. I am aware of how QA and DEV works. However you avoided all technical details as to why the app crashed. Probably some Xcode changes?

• DavidFromFrance
    DavidFromFrance
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Will and Ben for your reactivity, save us the cold sweats until the next update!

• Ben
    Options

@lmcbride and @DavidFromFrance

You're very welcome!

@LosInvalidos

I'm afraid I don't have any details beyond what I shared.

Ben

• lmcbride
    lmcbride
    Community Member
    Options

Ben... I just got the latest version 7.9.5 from the app store and it worked a treat! Massive relief to get access to my passwords....Thank you for your help with this. Much appreciated.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear it @lmcbride. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@LosInvalidos

I got a small update from development: in theory this should've broken when we started using Xcode 13, sometime last summer. Unclear why it broke now, vs then. I realize that's probably still not an entirely satisfying answer, but it is the closest I have for a technical explanation. I hope that helps!

Ben

• matzo
    matzo
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Thanks for the update, how can I enrol in the Beta test programme as I will have an iOS 12/13 for the foreseeable future.

• @matzo

https://1password.community/discussion/58717/joining-the-1password-for-ios-beta will get you where you need to go. :chuffed: It is possible the beta is currently full. If so, check often and do not delay when a spot opens up.

This discussion has been closed.