REQ: Category for entries with 2FA codes only

Options
DenalB
DenalB
Community Member

There was already a feature request which is closed already. But I know that I also requested this feature some time ago.

https://1password.community/discussion/110209/feature-request-2fa-category

I would like to have a special category which contains all the entries with 2FA enabled. Maybe it could look like in Enpass. If you click on this category, you can see all 2FA codes changing when the time is up. ;)

Windows app:

iOS app:

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.6.0-6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hey @DenalB:

I've added your idea to our internal feature requests system. While I can't promise anything, I can see how this would be useful! 😀

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-278

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot, @Jack.P_1P !

Hopefully there are some more customers who want to have such an overview. 👍

• Ben
    Options

For what it's worth, I use a tag (2fa) to manage this. It isn't quite as slick as what you've mocked up (nice!), but it gets most of the way there. Hope that helps in the meantime. 😃

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Ben!

I also used the tag "2fa" for a long time. But as far as I remember this tag is also used to disable entries from 2fa watch in 1Password, so that you will not get a message that an entry is supporting 2fa, and you should enable this. Am I wrong? 😕

• Ben
    Options

@DenalB

Fair point. That is true. If you've already used the tag for that purpose then perhaps a different tag would be best: TOTP or somesuch. 😊

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. I switched it to "2-Factor-Authentication" to get this tag to the first position. 😁

Oh, but just in time, I found out that I'm able to search for all entries which have 2FA enabled by entering the word "Einmalpasswort" into the search field. The field is named "Einmalpasswort" in the German version of 1Password 8. Good to know. 👍👌

• Ben
    Options

That's a great tip! Thanks for sharing @DenalB. 👍️

Ben

This discussion has been closed.