Sharing with other 1password users.

Options
robert1p
robert1p
Community Member

Is there a way to share a Vault with other 1password users (e.g. friends), without adding them to my Family Acct? i.e. we all use 1password, so each of us already has an account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@robert1p You can invite them as guests. You can have up to 5 guests and they each get access to one vault:

https://support.1password.com/guests/

• Ben
    Options

That is the solution I would recommend as well. :)

Ben

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member
    Options

Understood. Please consider it as new feature then. We all have paid subscriptions and we all live under the 1password umbrella. It seems a shame that we cannot simply utilize our existing accounts to share a Vault. The Family Plan could support 5 Users, 5 Guests, and unlimited Members. Think of it as another way to encourage new members. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, @robert1p. It is an interesting idea. :+1: To add to what was said above, in terms of what is currently available, you can share individual items with anyone — 1Password member or not:

Securely share 1Password items with anyone

If the recipient is a member, and has the browser extension installed, they'll see an "add to 1Password" button on the shared item. I'll pass your idea along to the rest of the team. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.