1Password disappeared

Options
Newbie2018
Newbie2018
Community Member
edited March 2022 in Mac

I just upgraded from macOS 12.2 to 12.3. After completing the upgrade, I tried to open 1Password, but got an error message saying "The application 1Password 7 can't be opened".

I then searched for 1Password in the Mac App Store. The icon next to the app says Get, not Open. So it seems the Mac App Store thinks that 1Password has not been installed on my Mac.

I also looked in the Applications folder. There is a 1Password app in Applications folder, but is has no icon, and the app cannot be opened.

Bottom line is that the upgrade from macOS 12.2 to 12.3 appears to have removed or corrupted the 1Password app. Should I just re-download the app from the Mac App Store?

FYI we have two other Macs in our household. After upgrading to macOS 12.3 on those Macs, 1Password worked fine.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: 7.9.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3

Comments

• Hello @Newbie2018! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to open the 1Password for Mac app after an update. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.