1Password 6 and Chrome

Comments

• marcelvaria
    marcelvaria
    Community Member

Will there be an updated version of the classic extension (v. 4.7.5.90)?

Just wondering as I'm running 1password 6, which I've bought before you switched to the subscriptions plans.

• JonLivingston
    JonLivingston
    Community Member

I am running a 5 license account for the 1password 6 version. What should I do to get this working again in Chrome on a Mac?

• Hi @marcelvaria / @JonLivingston:

Thanks for reaching out. On March 15, Google released Chrome 99, which contained a new code signing certificate. Because of this change, 1Password 6 for Mac no longer works in Chrome 99 or later. The last major update to 1Password 6 for Mac was almost 4 years ago, and as 1Password is a security product, we strongly recommend keeping it up to date.

At this point, updating to 1Password 7 for Mac would be the best option if you want to continue using 1Password in Chrome. Please reach out to us directly at support+tradein@1password.com to discuss the options that are available now. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and locate your email conversation.

As an additional note, I've split your posts off into a new thread.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.