Browser filling issue

This discussion was created from comments split from: Suggestion of login name no longer working.

Comments

• guerry
    guerry
    Community Member

I've had the same problem for the past few days since upgrading to 1Password 7.9.3 (for Mac laptop, OS 12.2.1). Moreover, when I search manually for a site and find it, I no longer get the option to fill in the username and password, but instead just have an "Open and fill" button, which not only opens a new tab, but still doesn't fill in the information, so I have to copy and paste (and even that doesn't always work, since some sites don't appear to accept pasting of passwords).

• Hello @guerry! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling logins on your Mac, I've split your comment into a new thread since you seem to be describing a different issue than the other user. It sounds like communication between the 1Password extension in your browser and the 1Password for Mac app has broken down. To fix this please do the following:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit 1Password Completely. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password 7 from your Mac's Application folder.
    4. Open your web browser.

Let me know if that fixes the issue. I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

• guerry
    guerry
    Community Member

Thanks for addressing this, Dave. Unfortunately, I'd already try that procedure and it didn't work. Fortunately, out of desperation I tried re-installing 1Password, and for whatever reason that seems to have done the trick: Suggestions are again working.

• @guerry

I'm happy to hear that reinstalling 1Password for Mac resolved the issue. 😊

This discussion has been closed.