moving 1Password to new Macbook Pro

Options
Boxergal
Boxergal
Community Member

I don't have subscription based 1Password membership account since I bought it as an app many years ago. I need to move 1Password to my brand new Macbook Pro and I don't appear to have a Secret Key and I don't have an account. All I have is the license information. Can someone help me get 1Password set up in the browser on my new Mac please

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Monterey

Comments

• Alvin.L_1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @Boxergal,

I understand that you'd like to set up 1Password on your new MacBook Pro but do not have a membership account. We'll need to take a closer look at how 1Password is currently set up on your Mac. Can you send us a diagnostics report from your older Mac?

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com (change the 'To:' address to this one from the default). With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Alvin

• Boxergal
    Boxergal
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for responding - one of your support team members explained that I was using an outdated license for 1Password and got me set up with a membership account. It's installed and working now.

• @Boxergal

I'm happy to hear that our team was able to help over email. I see that you're currently waiting for a reply regarding a different issue and one of my colleagues will reply as soon as possible to your email. 😊

ref: YKM-24945-432

This discussion has been closed.