Browser helper show entries from unelected account

Options
SteveLazarus
SteveLazarus
Community Member

I currently have two accounts open in 1Password and am in the process of migrating from one to the other. For now I have a vault duplicated in both accounts. For 1Password growing I have selected only the new account and see only those entires. However, the browser help in Safari is showing me two entries, presumably also including the unselected account.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.1
OS Version: macOS 12.3
Referrer: forum-search:entries from unselected account

Comments

• SteveLazarus
    SteveLazarus
    Community Member
    Options

Unelected -> unselected in the title πŸ˜€.

I just checked, this does not happen in 1Password 7.

It also occurs in quick access.

• Hey @SteveLazarus:

Great questions!

For 1Password in Safari, you can configure All Vaults by right clicking the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar, choosing Settings, then selecting the vaults you'd like to see in All Vaults.

To choose which vaults are displayed in Quick Access, after opening Quick Access, click the All Accounts icon to switch between the account or collection displayed:

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• SteveLazarus
    SteveLazarus
    Community Member
    Options

Jack,

Thanks again for the reply.

Applying the settings in quick access solved it there but not for the browser..

There should not be multiple places to apply settings!

Steve

• Hey @SteveLazarus:

Indeed they're separate, but this allows for multiple browsers to have different sets of vaults displayed based on their use case. For example, I have a work Chrome profile and a personal Chrome profile, and I hide my work vaults in my personal profile.

Jack

• SteveLazarus
    SteveLazarus
    Community Member
    Options

Jack,

We now have two threads going πŸ˜€.

I see now how I can set this in 1Password, quick access, and in the browser. In addition there are options for what is searched from the toolbar and what is suggested for the form field.

Most users are not going to run into this mess. Nice stuff here for sophisticated users. On the other hand there are some (like an unnamed family member) who can't understand the difference between the app, finder toolbar helper, and browser menubar helper. Explaining the need for settings in multiple places would be hopeless. I'm trying just to get them configured properly!

Agilebits has a nice documentation challenge here!

Steve

• Indeed we do @SteveLazarus! πŸ˜€

I can definitely understand how there's a few different places to configure seemingly the same setting, and I'll definitely share your feedback internally to see if we can make it a bit smoother in the future.

Jack

• SteveLazarus
    SteveLazarus
    Community Member
    Options

Jack,

You might consider a basic mode where all settings are taken from the app. There could then be an advanced mode where the defaults could be overridden for quick access and the browser helpers.

I am resisting the temptation to design further πŸ˜€.

Steve

• Ben
    Options

I am resisting the temptation to design further πŸ˜€.

We're hiring! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€

Jobs & careers

If you see an opening of interest, I'd encourage you to apply. There are lots of cool things we envision doing.

You might consider a basic mode where all settings are taken from the app. There could then be an advanced mode where the defaults could be overridden for quick access and the browser helpers.

I appreciate the suggestion. This would require some fundamental changes to our browser extension, which aren't on the horizon. The background is that the extension was designed for use independent of the desktop app, and didn't interact with it. It'll still function in that mode today if you either don't have the desktop app or if you do and the extension cannot connect to it for whatever reason. That could very well be something that ends up being part of a longer-term plan. I'll be happy to mention it to the product team. πŸ‘οΈ

Ben

This discussion has been closed.