1Password iOS Safari Extension: "Copying" A Password (Or Other Field) Doesn't Work

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member

Using the latest version of 1Password for iOS, I try to copy password fields (and other fields that can be copied), and it says that it's been copied, but it doesn't. In other words, when I use the 1Password Safari extension to copy things from items, it doesn't get saved to the clipboard.

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: macOS 12.x.x

Comments

• Hello @nimvio! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to copy data from the 1Password for Safari web extension. Our developers are investigating this issue which seems to stem from the copy function permissions getting confused after an update, our team is working with Apple to try to improve this situation. Can you try following these steps to see if we can get copying working again?

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Safari.
    3. Tap Extensions.
    4. Tap 1Password.
    5. Tap Other Websites.
    6. Tap/select Ask.
    7. Switch back to Safari (the app).
    8. Tap the aA / puzzle piece icon.
    9. Tap 1Password.
    10. Tap Allow.

At that point you should be able to copy info from within the 1Password extension. Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll be happy to help further. 😊

ref: dev/core/core#9820

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Thank you, @Dave_1P, that seemed to work! Any chance that the developers of the extension will one day be able to remove the extra step on iOS/Face ID devices where you have to press "Continue" before Face ID will start? In other words, when I go to unlock the extension with Face ID, I have to press the Face ID icon next to the Master Password field, and then it asks to "Continue", and then it finally scans and unlocks. Thanks!

• On behalf of Dave, you're most welcome @nimvio! 😊

The reason for this is a technical limitation. Using the APIs Apple provides, in order to do biometric authentication, we have to show the user this second prompt with a sign-in ID and a "Continue" button every time. As of this writing, we don't have a choice in the matter.

This discussion has been closed.