Is watchOS app foreseen?

Options
wizard86pz
wizard86pz
Community Member
edited April 2022 in iOS

Hello,
just started to test the iOS app v8. It's gorgeous, at least as first impact from UI. For UX, we need some more time.

I used to have the watchOS app on v7 of iOS. Is this planned? I think is still something useful for Apple Watch users.

1Password Version: 8.7.0 (80700045)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.4.1 (19E258) / watchOS 8.5.1 (19T252)

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@wizard86pz,

This is answered at the bottom of the blog post. https://blog.1password.com/1password-8-ios-early-access/

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @rudy. Sorry, I missed it in the end of the announce.

• Ben
    Options

No worries. Thanks for trying out the v8 Early Access. 🥰 While we have you: we'd be interested to hear about what you're looking for from a watch app. What functions would you like to be able to perform there?

Ben

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    Options

I used it a lot to rapidly see and use OTP codes using not-mobile apps, without unlock the iOS app. watchOS app allows to do that rapidly even if is is pretty rapid with 1Password browser's extension too. But sometime, due to how the web page/app is done (something that 1Pass cannot prevent in 100% of cases), 1Password browser extension is not able to detect the OTP input field, so I used watchOS app mainly for this.

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member
    Options

The apple watch app absolutely has to show all details of an item rather than just the username and password. Also having the TOTP on the same page would be great and not having to unintuitively click the screen to switch bewteen TOTP and other item details

• 1bvr
    1bvr
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

@Ben I would like to see support for searching vaults by voice or "Scribble" on 1Password on Apple Watch. Coming from LastPass years ago, one of the few features I missed was having complete access to my vaults from my Watch, even for credentials I hadn't marked to be available on the Watch. You could still mark "favorites" that would be shown in a simple list up front for quick access, but all of your credentials are searchable on their Watch app.

With the Series 7 adding its own QuickPath keyboard, that adds yet another input method that would make vault search more practical and viable on Apple Watch.

Another request: Can you show the QR code for Wi-Fi credentials? I'd love to be able to show the QR code for my guest Wi-Fi to someone on my watch and just have them seamlessly scan it with their phone to connect.

For those who aren't already aware, you can generate your own QR codes that contain the SSID and passphrase, which Apple's built-in camera and QR scanner will accept and simply input. There are some Android camera/QR scanner apps that will also read these QR codes. https://qifi.org

• r8ders2k
    r8ders2k
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Ooh..., I like @1bvr's idea of the QR code for Wi-Fi. That would be AWESOME!

• volts
    volts
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Agree that TOTP codes are my primary use for the Watch app.

The QR code idea for WiFi passwords is great.

• telephoneman2
    telephoneman2
    Community Member
    Options

hey 1Password team, how about Apple Watch app for Version 8? Will this come later - or won't?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• Ben
    Options

Thanks everyone for sharing what you'd like to see from 1Password in terms of Apple Watch. We do plan to have an Apple Watch app for 1Password 8. I couldn't say when or exactly what that'll look like, but we're continuing to gather feedback and hopefully we can address a lot of what folks are looking for. 😊

Ben

• Redskutter
    Redskutter
    Community Member
    Options

Firstly just wanted to say I am loving the new look and feel in 1Password8 but must admit I do miss the Watch App as well.

It would be nice if we could get just a like for like replacement, at least for now to maintain existing functionality. Currently I have to remember to launch into 1PW7 in order to ensure my watch is updated....

But here are some things I would love to see:

The ability to auto add one-time passwords to the watch (without having to tag them in the main app)
    The ability to swipe or change views between one-time passwords, regular passwords and notes (to name a few) it would be great if these options appear based on the content you push to the watch.

• luxus
    luxus
    Community Member
    Options

I mostly use the watch app for otp.
    Favourite credit cards to see the pin to enter it on a atm

• Thanks everyone. We appreciate the enthusiasm for the feature. I could also see myself using the WiFi suggestion. Nice one @1bvr. Never knew I was missing this. 😊 I would often open the app for this. The watch would seem to be much easier.

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member
    Options

Hoping the watch app isn’t getting completely scrapped as I do love to occasionally reference a password on my watch rather than having to pull phone out? Doesn’t appear there’s a watch app in the TF beta. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• Ben
    Options

Hey @volcom45

We are planning an Apple Watch app. 😃 Some of the items that are planned but didn't make it into the Early Access are outlined in this blog post:

There are a few things that did not make the cut, but we’ll be adding them in before stable release later this year. Keep an eye out for item sharing, additional Home tab content, Apple Watch support, account management, and an essential settings walkthrough.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.