1Password asking to add Chrome extension but it's already installed

Options
riicard
riicard
Community Member

I'm getting prompted to install Chrome Extension when opening 1Password menu bar drop down, but the extension is already installed.

I have 1Password 7 installed and have installed the Chrome Extension from https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#browsers and https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-–-password-mana/aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa.

I found elsewhere in the support forum this issue being related to the 1Password X Chrome Extension. In my case I'm sure I'm installing the correct extension.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hello @riicard! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password mini isn't detecting 1Password in the browser correctly. Can you please check to see if app integration is turned on:

1. Open Chrome.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the Chrome toolbar and click Settings.
    3. In the General section of the Settings screen, turn on "Integrate with 1Password app".

Then let's restart both Chrome and 1Password for Mac:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon at the top of your Mac's screen and then click Quit 1Password Completely. Wait until the icon disappears.
    3. Double-click on 1Password 7 from your Mac's Application folder.
    4. Open Chrome

Let me know if that fixes the issue. I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

• riicard
    riicard
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for following up, @Dave_1P. I followed your steps above and it didn't solve the problem. I checked that "Integrate with 1Password app" was turned on, and it was.

I continued on and took the following steps with no luck:

• Turned "Integrate with 1Password app" off, closed Chrome, closed 1Password, and closed 1Password Mini.
    • Opened Chrome, turned "Integrate with 1Password app" on, and closed Chrome.
    • Opened Chrome and 1Password, and the problem persisted

The Mac is a work machine... Is it possible it has enterprise software blocking the extension and app from talking to each other?

• @riicard

I'm sorry to hear that the steps in my previous post didn't resolve the issue. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.