Login Icon uploaded doesn't appear in first go but on second

Options
  1. Choose an item that doesn't have an icon
  2. Choose an icon to upload
  3. See the icon flickers but shows the initials instead of the icon uploaded
  4. Wait for some time, but it doesn't appear. You may try quit and start 1Password again
  5. Upload the icon for the same item again
  6. See the icon reflects.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hi @sarath:

That definitely doesn't sound like the experience we want you to have when adding an icon to an item. To confirm, does this happen with every item you edit, or just a specific item, and does it happen with every icon you try? Let me know, and I can investigate further with you!

Jack

• sarath
    sarath
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P ,

Yes it's repeatable, and not specific to an item.

for some reason the 1Password was not resolving the icons from favicons and then I started updating icon for some frequently used items. This issue I have been facing over a month now, and it's easily repeatable.

I just observed that the ones I updated last day, now reset to the Initials/Avatar icons.

1. When I upload first time, the image updates,
    2. The icon area blinks and becomes blank and reset to initials/default avatar
    3. When I upload this again, it resets and shows the images
    4. Get reset after a day or two (new observation)
  • sarath
    sarath
    Community Member
    Options

Please find the gif of the recording. In this, it's not appearing even after repeated attempts.

• @sarath

I do not see that behavior on the the nightly. Can you tell me what file type the icon you are using is? In a couple of my tests I used app icons from the Applications folder mainly for ease of use. I am wondering if the file type is coming into play here. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.