"The application "1Password 7.app is not open anymore"

Options
mrstucci
mrstucci
Community Member

I think this message has popped up on 1Password for me maybe 5 times in the last month or 2. I don't know why it is happening. I can't open it when that message pops up. So what I end up doing is deleting the app, reinstalling the app and that works maybe a week and then I get that message again and have to delete and reinstall the app. This is, to say the least, annoying and frustrating!!!
What could be going on? I have an 2020 M1 MBP running Monterey (12.3.1).
I need some help with this... Right now I am ready to ditch 1Password and try something else but I have been using 1Password for years and don't really want to give it up but it's not usable right now.
Thanks, Judy

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• @mrstucci

From my own experience with this try quitting 1Password completely. Also, quit the browser and then try to open it again. If you have a multi user Mac I have seen this message occur more often when one user is logged in while one user updates the app, typically it's an automatic update. Unfortunately, the error is coming from Finder and we do not get a lot of (if any) details on why this happens.

The next time this occurs please try the above and see if it helps. Can you open 1Password from the menu bar when this occurs? I have not had to replace the app.

-

Here's how to quit 1Password completely using our helper in the menu bar.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock
    4. Open your browser.
  • mrstucci
    mrstucci
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for those tips. I will try them the next time this happens. Fingers crossed!

• You're most welcome.

This discussion has been closed.