Password Generator is missing in Quick Access of 1Password 8

2»

Comments

• Hi @mriner,

The password generator can be found in the ≡ menu:

That said, I appreciate the feedback and have added proxy votes on behalf of yourself and @rllewis for this. Thanks!

ref: IDEA-I-298

• ojix2
    ojix2
    Community Member

Hi, @andrew.l_1P

We are asking for restoration of the function to generate passwords without being forced to start up Safari.
    Just to be sure.

• Hi @rllewis and @ojix2,

Apologies for the confusion, that screenshot was meant to clarify where in the 1Password browser extension the password generator could be found, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

We've recorded your feedback about having it available elsewhere and will continue to advocate for this. I appreciate you letting us know it's important to you. 🙂

• @danaleighton

(and anyone else reading)

I noticed you had questions about how 1Password does user research. If you're interested in participating in future research initiatives, we now have a guide available in this forum on doing so:

1Password Research Community

I hope that helps!

Ben

• danaleighton
    danaleighton
    Community Member

Awesome! Thanks Ben -- I signed up. I also saw you had a job opening for a User Experience Researcher and I was tempted to apply, but waited too long! :)

• Kirkvan
    Kirkvan
    Community Member

+1 for the Password Generator to be restored to the Quick Access panel AND the 1Password 8 app itself!

• georgedejm
    georgedejm
    Community Member

+1

Yet another step backwards in v8. Changing things just to change them. The generator used to be one click away in the Quick Access menu. Now it is 3 clicks away in the browser menu. And I had to google how to find it because I thought it was removed completely. How is that helpful?? Bring it back to the Quick Access menu please. I used to use it to generate passwords for other things, not just ot use in 1Password. It was very helpful to have it in the top menu on the Mac.

• premps
    premps
    Community Member

+1

• @danaleighton

Thank you for signing up! 😊

@Kirkvan, @georgedejm, and @premps

Thank you for your feedback. I've added your votes and comments to the feature request tracking item as well.

• EugeneKh
    EugeneKh
    Community Member

+1 for the Password Generator to be restored to the Quick Access panel AND the 1Password 8 app itself!

• Martok
    Martok
    Community Member

Yes, repeating the same phrase that others have used but I too would like this, as would my wife (so maybe that's +2 for me!)

• Hi @EugeneKh and @Martok,

Thanks for letting us know this is important to you, I've added your votes to our internal tracker on the topic. 👍🏻

• MrNapa
    MrNapa
    Community Member

+1 vote for the password generator to be available in iOS and Mac Apps. As a new user I really struggled to find the password generator.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member

+1 for an easiliy available password generator in QuickAcces and the main application. I almost never generate a password directly within the browser.

• @MrNapa and @viswiz

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed it along to the product team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-30749914
    ref: PB-30749906

• balak31
    balak31
    Community Member

+1 for quick access password generator and 1password8 app itself (including ios app).

The initial request was made for this feature is on May 2022 and its close to 1 year now. Would be great if this was prioritised and its ETA?

This discussion has been closed.