Feature request: Expiry date field

Perhaps I’m missing this in the apps but I only see the option for an expiry date, which flags in watchtower, in the credit card template.

I’d like a watchtower alert when some things are expiring, for example; car insurance documents and house insurance documents to quickly name a couple.

I’ve tried adding a date field, and renaming the field to expiry date like a credit card, but no watchtower alert.

Like I say, if I’ve missed this and the functionality is there, feel free to close this topic, after revealing the answer 😄

Comments

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member
    edited May 18

Hi @chris55, thanks for this request,

As it happens, you're correct - we don't currently have a way for you to set expiry dates for items other than credit cards. However, folks in the forums have let us know that they'd appreciate this functionality, so we have put in a feature request for the development team to take this up. And I have just added a vote on your behalf, as well!

Thanks for letting us know that this is something that'd be valuable for you. I'll look forward to following the discussion on this!

ref: IDEA-I-156

• RobAWRobAW
    Community Member

This would be very useful, especially if it could be combined with a reminder notification that would alert us on our devices. Then we could set expiry dates for sensitive passwords, with a reminder to change them …or a reminder to renew important documents like passports.

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Hi @RobAW, I'm happy to add a vote for you. Thanks for the +1 and your comments here!

• projcaprojca
    Community Member

I would appreciate this feature too! thanks

• chancockchancock
    Community Member

Hi @PeterG_1P, can you please add a vote for me as well? This is the one thing that we find lacking at the moment and would be a tremendous help.

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Votes added for you, @chancock, and @projca as well. Thank you for providing this feedback! 🙏

• tardyMOSvellumstovetardyMOSvellumstove
    Community Member

Here is a workaround. Watchtower will report on any expiration date found in categories Credit Card, API Credential, Driver License, Outdoor License, Membership, and Passport. For categories Credit Card, Driver License, and Membership, the expiration date is in Month/Year format and in categories API Credential, Outdoor License, and Passport the expiration date is in Date (MM/DD/YYYY) format. Whenever I want Watchtower to track the expiration date of an item, I create an entry in category Outdoor License and link that entry to the original entry. For example, for a software license for Widget software, I create entry "Widget Software License" in category Software License and then create entry "Widget Software License Expiration" in category Outdoor license. I then link the two entries by following the directions found in the following article: https://support.1password.com/link-items/

• Andrew42Andrew42
    Community Member

Thank you @tardyMOSvellumstove.

Neat and clever but should not be necessary.

+1 to the list a is a sop to the user base. @DaveTeare and his troops are convinced theirs is the only path so changes depend on the "great plan" which like the laws of the Medes and Persians is not for changing by anyone and especially not by users.

• ag_mike_dag_mike_d

Team Member

Hello @Andrew42,

Thanks for your feedback and vote. I've passed these details along to the product team.

ref: IDEA-I-156

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file