• @mipaers

Thank you for adding your voice. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-36660524

• hpssteve
    hpssteve
    Community Member
    Options

An expiry field for application tokens would be incredibly useful, and the ability to view a list of entries that have an expiry field and sort them by that field.

• @hpssteve

Thank you for the request, I've passed it along to the team as well.

-Dave

ref: PB-36742378

• reinhard76
    reinhard76
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• @reinhard76

Thank you for letting us know that you'd like to see this feature as well. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-37172766

• Ralf83
    Ralf83
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on this feature request.

I also know it from other tools and would like it if you could also set it in 1Password and then analyse it in Watchtower. I think it makes sense for all entries.

• @Ralf83

I've shared your request with the team, thank you for the suggestion! 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-37530252

• cretection
    cretection
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    This is particularly important in the management of keys and tokens

• AntonyBE
    AntonyBE
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P,

How many +1 will you need to make this feature request real ?

• @AntonyBE

There are no votes counted before a feature is worked upon. The products team takes all feedback and the needs of the user base into consideration. It may also be that feature b cannot move forward until feature a is complete.

• KCbergMO
    KCbergMO
    Community Member
    Options

+ another one
    It would be nice to have an "expiration" field to add to any entry. I've got documents and subscriptions I'd like to get alerts for. Have an expiry date field, then set alerts like on a calendar app, x weeks out, x days out, etc. Then when I open 1password I get a prominent pop-up that I can cancel, remind me again in x days, etc.

• SamerY1P
    edited February 20
    Options

@KCbergMO

Thanks for sharing your suggestion! I've passed it along to our product team. :)

• Samer

ref: PB-38352363

• Douwestoltenborg
    Douwestoltenborg
    Community Member
    edited March 4
    Options

At nedap we would also like to see this function in 1password. Especially because we need a temporary first Password for new employees and this then automatically indicates that it must be deleted

• @Douwestoltenborg

Thanks for sharing your feedback and your use case. I've passed this to our product team for them to see if it's something they'll be able to add to a future version of 1Password.

-Zaid

ref: PB-38546834

• alexisv
    alexisv
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, this function is also vital for my workflow to check on software license expirations, tokens, server updates etc.

• geoffreylangdon
    geoffreylangdon
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me, new user of 1Password, coming from KeyPass where it is an essential feature.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Instead of adding our names to a mythical list. Why don't you actually do something about it?? This is such an obvious weakness that should have been addressed years ago!!

• ag_tommy
    Options

@Andrew42

Your requests are collected and worked on by the team. The team prioritizes work based on many factors. It is not a popularity contest as far as requests go. Having been a user myself since 2008, I can say there are some things that I wanted that never bubbled up, even some of those I longed for. But there have been great strides lately. Hopefully, we'll see more of those as we move forward.

Our messages here serve to let you know we have seen the feedback and passed it on and also that it did not evaporate. There are many requests that I still have a desire for. They go into the same system. I get no special treatment. Yes, I could use the reminders/notifications described here. 🙂 So I'm right there with you. In fact, you'll find my name right there alongside y'alls if you were to look. We really are using our own product and looking to bring things to life that will benefit all of our lives. We hope the future is one that will be rewarding.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    edited March 13
    Options

I'm sorry if I sound grumpy but it seems to me, without inside knowledge, that the development programme is defined somewhere within the 1P hierarchy with little or no regard for what the users request. I.E. if something we request gets implemented it is because it was already part of "The Plan" and nothing we say actually affects what happens or the speed at which it happens.

I have a current specific example where a family used card expired last Sunday because I failed to put the expiry date in my Outlook reminders. My fault, yes, but 1P could make the use of Outlook reminders for such events unnecessary. It is not a credit card so the details are entered as part of the Log-In record for the business concerned.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 13
    Options

Ha, you're not grumpy at all, my friend. You're passionate, and that is what brought me here, back in the very beginning. I love it. Keep on. Passionate users are always what has driven 1Password to become more than it was. At least, I've always thought that. I've been known to get rather passionate about things that matter to me, so again, keep on. I recall being very passionate about the Apple Watch back in the early days when Apple released the watch.

I promise I'll alway do everything I can do to ensure your voice is heard. Keep on plugging away. As I told another user here in the community even if the team feels an idea is not right at this time. I'll always file your feedback and let them know it's still on your mind. If not, they may not have an accurate pulse on the needs of everyone.

I feel you. I nearly missed my dog's rabies vaccination. It's not the extent of a card, but I have gone to checking Watchtower daily. I'll admit I forgot it this morning. So, yes, I would very much love notifications. Sign me up, too. I often think about what we did before notifications, and then I'd be back to begging the team to add Growl support. ;)

Thank you for the use case. I can get that worked into my request on your behalf.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 13
    Options

You're welcome!

ref: PB-38699840

• legowerewolf
    legowerewolf
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me, too. Library cards have expiration dates and need to be renewed every so often.

• eli.s_1P
    Options

@legowerewolf Thank you for providing another use case in which this feature would be valuable to you! I've passed your request along to the product team to be looked into!

-Eli

ref: PB-38763865

• Christopher_Ng
    Christopher_Ng
    Community Member
    Options

+1 - Would love this feature as well!

• Dave_1P
    edited March 27
    Options

@Christopher_Ng

Thank you, I've let the team know that you'd like to see this feature as well. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-39001632

• komrad
    komrad
    Community Member
    Options

Adding comment to follow this discussion. The driver for me was API tokens the expire after months/years. Especially the "years" use case where I'm not going to remember to renew it until I need it and it doesn't work.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@komrad

1Password includes an API Credential item that already has an expiry date field. When an API Credential is expired you'll see a Watchtower banner alerting you to this above the item and you'll also see the API Credential listed under Watchtower > Expiring items in the apps.

You can create a new API Credential item by choosing New Item, choosing API Credential from the list, and then saving your information into the item.

Let me know if I misunderstood your feedback. 🙂

-Dave

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

I can't believe how long 1P has ignored the many requests to add the abilty to add an expiry date to any record. My software has an expiry date. Is there a login template for Software? yes. Does software have a licence? Frequently. Does the template include an expiry date? of course not. Please don't respond saying you have added my voice to the others. just do it. Thank you.