Gramps4
Community Member

How can I stop these emails.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.33
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• Hi @Gramps4:

Do you have Safari configured to clear history on exit, or use a browser cleaner or other software to "reset" Safari? Configuring Safari to do this, or using a third party tool to do this will remove the data that 1Password for Safari uses to identify to the 1Password.com service that it's been authorized. The next time Safari launches, it will reauthenticate to the 1Password.com service. Let me know!

Jack

• Gramps4
    Gramps4
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I do.

• Hi @Gramps4, that would explain it. That Safari data is one of the things 1Password uses to determine either "it looks like this is the same user and device, just logging in again" vs. "hey, this login might be from a new device."

If you do experience this even when not clearing Safari's browser data, let us know and we'll be happy to look deeper - and thank you for raising this issue.

• Gramps4
    Gramps4
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Got it. Still would like to have option to turn that off.

• Thanks for your feedback on this @Gramps4! While I can't promise anything, I'll share your thoughts with the team.

Jack

• Gramps4
    Gramps4
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the followup. I am one of those idiots that. clears my Safari cache a few time a day.

• You're very welcome @Gramps4. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.