Login suggestions no longer working with multiple accounts

Options
Tonetony
Tonetony
Community Member

Fairly recent problem.

When I log in at a site where I have several different login accounts - google is an excellent example, but this happens at several other sites where I have several logins - I no longer get proper suggestions using the CMD+\ style in Safari, or Firefox - or by clicking the extension icon up in the toolbar.

Instead, the extension window that opens below the toolbar highlights the very first login in the Login category, and shows the rest of my login items below, all in alphabetical order. Yet the Suggestions field in the extension window shows the actual page address (for instance, accounts.google.com).

This used to always work perfectly, so I guess it broke in the last update to Password 7.

The inline feature in Safari does show the expected login suggestions, but I very rarely use 1Password that way, and disabled "Automatically show inline menu while selecting a field" a long time ago because it can prompt at unexpected and unhelpful times.

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 11.5.2

Comments

• Tonetony
    Tonetony
    Community Member
    Options

Any thoughts on this?

• Tonetony
    Tonetony
    Community Member
    Options

Several weeks since I last bumped this up... no change in behavior. This problem continues to occur on Mac whenever there are multiple matches for a site. Workaround (which I hate) is to use the Safari in-line thing. There's no workaround for Firefox.

• Hey @Tonetony:

I'd like to sincerely apologize for this slipping through the cracks.

Just to confirm, you're using 1Password mini from the menu bar, correct? If you click "Suggestions" in 1Password mini, and then choose Suggestions again, does that improve your state of play?

Let me know!

Jack

• Tonetony
    Tonetony
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Basically - yes, correct.

I actually always open 1Password using shortcut key CMD+\.

But it does work the same way whether I do that, or click 1Password on the Safari toolbar, or 1Password Mini on the Mac menubar.

When 1Password opens, the Suggestions field correctly shows the name of the site, but the list shown is All Items.

If I click Suggestions, then click Suggestions again, it does show me the correct list of site-related logins.

But I'm trying to avoid the mouse - otherwise, I could just click in the field to get to the inline menu.

What I want to do is:

1. CMD+\
    2. Arrow key to the desired login
    3. Return key

I think this used to work - didn't it?

Thanks!

• Hi @Tonetony:

We're tracking a bug where the item displayed as set doesn't actually match what is set. If you check 1Password preferences > Mini, is "Open 1Password to" set to Suggestions? With 1Password mini set to Suggestions, you should be able to use 1Password mini as you're expecting. Let me know how you get on with that.

Jack

ref: apple-5073

• Tonetony
    Tonetony
    Community Member
    Options

Ah - it was set to All Items. Don't know how that happened! Perhaps I switched it by mistake once.

I switched it to Suggestions and now it's working properly.

Thank you, Jack.

• You're very welcome @Tonetony! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything we can help you with in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.