Clicking on Settings in the Safari extension results in an error

elyscapeelyscape
Community Member
in iOS

When tapping on "Settings" in the Safari extension, a new tab is opened in Safari and an error is displayed, reading:

Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.

I did some digging and this happens because the extension attempts to navigate to onepassword8://settings. 1Password 7 doesn't register an handler for the onepassword8 URI scheme, instead registering for onepassword and onepassword7. It's unclear why the 1Password 7 extension is using the URI scheme for 1Password 8, but it should be a simple fix.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.5

Comments

• elyscapeelyscape
    Community Member
    edited June 8

As an additional data point, manually navigating to onepassword7://settings opens 1Password 7 to the Safari extension settings page, but onepassword://settings just opens the app.

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

Hello @elyscape! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into an error message when opening Settings from inside of 1Password for Safari. I can confirm that our developers are aware of the issue and plan to release a fix in the future. While I'm not able to provide any sort of forecast as to if or when we'll be able to resolve this issue, I can tell you that we're aware that it's something in need of fixing.

Thank you for reporting the bug! 😊

ref: dev/core/core#15548

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file