PIN Code is removed in security settings

kindmankindman
Community Member

I use a long complex password for my 1Password app. For daily access I have use the pin code to work faster. After the last update this setting is gone and I have to retype my complex one all the time.
I want to have that function back.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 80800132
OS Version: Android

Comments

• dsouzadriandsouzadrian
    Community Member

+1 , I was looking for the same and was unable to find it.

While I was there, I noticed 1Password displaying an option to enable biometric login when there isn't a fingerprint reader on the device. Out of curiosity, I tried enabling it and that crashed the app. Probably a low priority issue.

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hello @kindman, @dsouzadrian, thanks for sharing your interest in a PIN unlock option. We have revamped our security settings to allow unlocking of the 1Password for Android app with your account password or biometric unlock. This is due to the increase in the number of devices that now have fingerprint and other biometric options available. As 1Password 8 showcase a contemporary UI, we wanted our unlock options to follow this trend and provide the most up to date options.

That being said, whether your device doesn't have a biometric scanner or it's simply your preference, I can definitely understand why you would want PIN unlock available. I have gone ahead and added your interest to our tracker for this feature. Thanks again!

ref: IDEA-I-1222

@dsouzadrian, when 1Password crashed did your device prompt you to send in a crash report? If you sent that in could you let us know the make and model of your device as well as which version of Android and 1Password 8 you're running? I'd be happy to track down the crash report in the Google Play Console and share that with the dev team.

• dsouzadriandsouzadrian
    Community Member

Nope, didn't get a prompt to send a crash report. I just tried it again and it crashed again, but no prompt to send crash report. This crash was on the Amazon Fire HD 10 2021 version running 1Password v 8.8.0. It's running fire OS 7 which I think is based on Android 9.

Community Member
    edited June 17

+1 for the PIN. I stopped using the early access because of this feature missing. I have a modern phone but I don't want to use biometric. My other option was to use a easier password to type, i ended up stop using it.

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hi @0100110, thanks for weighing in! I'm sorry to hear this has been a deal-breaker with the beta for you. I've added your +1

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

@dsouzadrian, thanks for following up. I wasn't able to find a crash report in the Console that matches that description. If you are prompted to send in a report, let us know so we can track it down. I suspect the crash may be related to Fire OS but I'll be sure to pass this along to the team for further review. Thanks again!

• kindmankindman
    Community Member
    edited June 18

That mean for me that I can't use the beta version (and maybe the final version) for my Samsung Tab S6 with biometric option.
    Java.lang.IllegalStateException - from 1P8 tell me that I don't have that biometric option. I need to have the PIN-Code back in the Beta version otherwise I have to check for a different Password manager that allow me to use PIN instead of long crypted, not memorable, master password.

For now I will use the old version to work with

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hi @kindman thanks for sharing again how and why a PIN unlock option is important for you. Your interest has been noted. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file