Is there any way to restore the Share screen 1Password button?

Options
spookyblack
spookyblack
Community Member

I’ve switched from using Safari to Chrome on iOS and iPadOS. It’s been a nightmare using Chrome on desktop and safari on mobile and having my bookmarks stay in sync. iCloud bookmark syncing does not play nice with google sync.

Autofill prompts and having the full safari extension works great, Chrome on mobile not so much. If a website has 2-3 pages for logging in (email first, then password, then 2FA) it is a pretty awful user experience. The first page doesn’t see a password field so I don’t get an autofill prompt. Have to switch to the Home Screen and launch 1Password multiple times to complete the log in process. Same problem when wanting to fill an address form. Have to swap back and forth for every field.

What happened to the Share screen 1Password buttons/actions? That was the quickest way to go back and forth while auto filling. I understand it’s not really necessary in safari since the extension was released but any third party browser could really use it still. It also doesn’t hurt anyone that doesn’t want to use it, you can easily customize the Share screen.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 15.5
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into issues when filling logins and addresses into websites open in Chrome. The share sheet extension was released back in 2014 and was largely put into maintenance mode in 2018 when Apple released iOS Password AutoFill. Password AutoFill allowed us to have 1Password save and fill in not only browsers but other apps on the iPhone and iPad as well.

Last year, the old share sheet extension was replaced with the new 1Password for Safari extension in order to take advantage of the exciting new filling opportunities that are available with the release of Apple's iOS 15. 1Password for Safari features greatly improved filling capabilities and offers an experience that is similar to what you're already used to with 1Password for the browser on the desktop.

At the moment, only Safari supports web extensions on iOS but hopefully more browsers support web extensions in the future so that we can look into bringing 1Password in the browser to those browsers as well.

For the moment, Password AutoFill is the only way to fill logins from 1Password into Chrome on iOS. If you encounter websites that Password AutoFill has trouble with then you can also copy and paste or drag and drop fields from the 1Password app into Chrome:

I hope that helps. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.