The master password field in the UI for unlocking 1Password is too short

Options

I'm using 1Password 8 on Windows and Mac. When I need to unlock 1Password with my master password, I get annoyed because my master password is very long and the UI field for the password is narrower than my master password is.

Sure, it works. But typing past the end of the field is annoying because I can't see my keystrokes register. And when I do have a typo, clicking to reveal what I've typed requires me to then scroll the field value horizontally.

There's plenty of horizontal space in the UI for a longer field. You could even have it expand as I type if you want to keep the cleaner look. But it almost feels like a "punishment" for having a long master password.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:The master password field in the UI for unlocking 1Password is too short

Comments

• Hello @jeffhandley! I'm sorry for the delayed response and thanks for your feedback.

Sure, it works. But typing past the end of the field is annoying because I can't see my keystrokes register. And when I do have a typo, clicking to reveal what I've typed requires me to then scroll the field value horizontally.

In your case I can certainly understand that in those two scenarios this can cause problems and is not ideal when correcting a typo.

There's plenty of horizontal space in the UI for a longer field. You could even have it expand as I type if you want to keep the cleaner look.

Your suggestion here is much appreciated. I've passed those details along to the team via improvement/feature request, so they can reviewed.

ref: IDEA-I-1358

• jeffhandley
    jeffhandley
    Community Member
    Options

👍

• Thanks for the feedback, @jeffhandley!

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

I second this suggestion. It would be nice to make it easier to enter the long passwords on all of the platforms, especially since we are required to re-enter them on each one every 2 weeks. For me, that is on 3 Macs, an iPhone and an iPad. The little eyeball button to make the input visible is nice, but it is not there on the iDevices. Also I believe the pw needs to be entered on the safari extension sometimes, and this also is a narrower field and without an eyeball button. Hope that is clear.

This discussion has been closed.