1password 8 for Mac: Restore previous functionality present in ver. 7

Options
gurmy
gurmy
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Mac

Dear Sirs,

I would like some very useful features present in version 7 to be restored:

1) the possibility to choose which default vault to save the credentials to be restored. With version 8 they are saved in the private without the possibility of being able to change the default.
1password extension has this feature, but the mail app does not.

2) all Vaults: in version 8 the possibility of searching for elements on all vaults has been inhibited. Only one vault must always be selected and the "(all)" item from the Vault section has been deleted

3) reorganization of the properties of an element: in version 7, in each item it was possible to move the fields within a section in the most desired way and it was also possible to take them outside the section

4) icons: in version 7 the icon assigned to an element could be resized in a customized way. Now the icon is inserted and adapted by the application without being able to intervene and correct incorrect resizing

5) Tag: tag autocomplete is been removed. I would like it to be restored.

Thank you

Luca

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: 2.3.6
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• focher
    focher
    Community Member
    Options

On item 1, I agree and miss this functionality.

On item 2, if I understand what you're looking for I believe this is now replaced with the Collections functionality. You can create a new Collection and specify which vaults to use within that Collection. Apologies if that isn't what you are looking for.

I'm a bit surprised at the number of things that regressed in v8, but I guess it is what it is.

• d_stone
    d_stone
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with Luca's points and would like to see an application with more features again. 1Password 8 is unfortunately a huge step back.

• Hey @gurmy:

Thanks for your detailed feedback! While I can't promise anything, I've shared your thoughts about configuring a default save vault with the team.

ref: IDEA-I-292

As @focher mentioned (thanks for the assist!) collections are like All Vaults, but you can make different sets for various purposes. For example, I have a Daily Driver collection containing my personal vault from my personal 1Password account, and just a couple of my work vaults. Additionally I have a Testing collection containing a few test vaults I use for testing Login items.

While I can't share any specifics, reordering fields within an item is on our radar.

As for tag autocomplete, are you referring to adding a tag to an item in 1Password in the browser, or the 1Password desktop app? Tag autocomplete is available in the 1Password desktop app:

Let me know!

Jack

• gurmy
    gurmy
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thanks everyone for your answers.

2) as @focher suggested I have created a Collection (All My Vault) and now I am able to search all my vaults.

5) @Jack.P_1P tag autocomplete has been kept. It probably didn't work when I tried to use it.

Also on the extension (I use version 2.3.7 for Safari) I detect a rather annoying bug that occurs quite frequently. I haven't investigated yet, I admit: it could be my specific Mac, although with version 7 it didn't happen. The autocomplete does not work from the username / password field within the web page (I click on 1password Icon but nothing happens), while it works correctly if activated from the Safari toolbar. Strange

On extension AutoFill is on

• @gurmy

It looks as if you may be using a private window mode with Safari? It might be that you are clearing your cookies/history. Try the following and see if this helps. If you clear the history you may need to repeat these steps.

1. Right-click on the 1Password toolbar icon
    2. Turn off Integrate with the 1Password app.
    3. Quit your browser completely.
    4. Quit 1Password completely.
    5. Open 1Password and unlock.
    6. Open your browser.
    7. Right-click on the 1Password toolbar icon
    8. Turn on Integrate with the 1Password app.
  • Absolute
    Absolute
    Community Member
    Options

Agree with item 3
    "3) reorganization of the properties of an element: in version 7, in each item it was possible to move the fields within a section in the most desired way and it was also possible to take them outside the section"

Why remove an excellent feature? I now have use my IOS device to reorder URL's etc. which is just a huge wast of time.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Absolute

Thank you for the feedback! I've added your vote to the feature request currently open for reordering fields in 1Password 8. 😊

ref: /IDEA-I-372

• guylepage3
    guylepage3
    Community Member
    Options

2) all Vaults: in version 8 the possibility of searching for elements on all vaults has been inhibited. Only one vault must always be selected and the "(all)" item from the Vault section has been deleted

+1 . An absolute must have feature that worked so well in v7. I don't understand why that functionality would be removed. I cannot search for half of my items now. I need to be able to do various forms of searches. Please add this feature back.

3) reorganization of the properties of an element: in version 7, in each item it was possible to move the fields within a section in the most desired way and it was also possible to take them outside the section

+1 . This functionality was a something I used daily as I store a lot of data in my 1Password. Being able to add data in a field quickly and then update the order later saves a lot of headache and time for users. Please add this feature back.

Furthermore, I would like to ensure being able to move / reorganize sections as well. Thank you.

• Hi @guylepage3:

Searching from "All Items" will search all vaults included in your currently active account or collection. Let me know if that's working for you, or if you're having trouble.

Field and section reordering is on our roadmap. I can't share any specific timelines, but I'm hopeful that we'll be tackling it soon.

Jack

• mikeyginoz
    mikeyginoz
    Community Member
    Options

I would like the functionality noted in Luca's point 3) and 4) added back into 1P8.

• Hi @mikeyginoz,

Thanks for letting us know this is important to you, I've filed proxy votes on your behalf for these topics. Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-1322
    ref: IDEA-I-372

• MusicMan47
    MusicMan47
    Community Member
    Options

1Password team, enough of the responses and smiley emoji(s) regarding the elimination of important actions (not features because this, like many other deletions from 7, are essential to adequately using the product). You mention "search", this does not simplify anything. (What happened to the alphabetical-margin in iOS?) In his response to "reordering fields", Dave mentioned the reordering action was purposely eliminated to "simplify 1Password" - it's clear the comment applies here as well.
    My disposition reflects a decade-old customer that felt your product then service was a Godsend and was even comfortable allowing my data to reside on your servers. Like many of us, recommended the product to many, many others. We hear from those folks asking questions how to do this and that...

• jkereszturi
    jkereszturi
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it yet, but i'm also missing the alt-key which used to display the masked password field (i mean unmasking it). That no longer works and I haven't found an option for that (yet).

This discussion has been closed.