1Password for Mac 8.8.0 unable to move fields around

Options

Comments

• pinecone
    pinecone
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P "public facing update"? When did 1P begin using this kind of doublespeak to communicate to your customers?

We are telling you this feature is critical to our usage of your product and asking for clear information on if/when this will be fixed. You respond with this piece of non-information.

It really feels like 1P has lost it's way, both the organization and the product. Too bad, the product used to be great.

• @PerRad

Thank you for the feedback!

@pinecone

What I meant was that the feature is actively being worked on by our developers but I don't have any specific ETAs or updates to share at the moment. 🙂

• HaWi
    HaWi
    Community Member
    Options

I would also like this feature back as soon as possible.
    Thank you!

• Kickaha2022
    Kickaha2022
    Community Member
    Options

Can you add a +1 vote for me on this too please. For me 1Password 8 has major usability regressions compared with 1Password 7 as others have noted.

• Yup. You're in there now!

• Noted HaWi

• parpayoun
    parpayoun
    Community Member
    Options

One more!

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2022
    Options

Ok, Ok, I got you parpayoun. 😉 Gald to have you with us.

ref: IDEA-I-372

• FredericC
    FredericC
    Community Member
    Options

Still no news upon this feature to get back ? You are making our password management harder that it was before v8… it's been 16months it as been asked in first Beta versions !!! You got this feature working on macos V7 so I don't get the point why it is not a feature yet. It makes me so unconfident for the future of this service if such a "simple feature" takes you so much time to get back.

• Safety
    Safety
    Community Member
    Options

@FredericC i totally agree with you... Can´t believe...

• RkR
    RkR
    Community Member
    Options

In fact, as @FredericC says, it is an unjustified delay after all the promises received.

• Safety
    Safety
    Community Member
    Options

whereby it must be said that there was only the promise to forward the wishes to the development. You can't deduce from that that it will be done. If development thinks that we won't do it, then it won't be done. Quite simple. It's just incomprehensible that they don't listen to the customers' wishes. It is also incomprehensible that such an existing functionality is simply deleted during an update...

• FredericC
    FredericC
    Community Member
    Options

I would not argue if we (the customers) where asking for a new feature. But this was a feature in previsou versions, for years we could re-order elements on multiple apps, we choosed this password manager for the mix of great features and suddenly this feature disappeard… Some customers rely hevealy on reordering their fields and they are screwed. I don't personnaly need it a lot but it makes the use of the app and service very unconfortable. Since months I want to clean credentials, notes, URLs that are stored in an ineficiant order and I can't.
    V8 was the promise of an unified architecture between different platform, this unification with a unique codebase was a hope for fast development of features and parallel evolutions, today I don't see the benefice. It make me sad as 1 password was (really) one of my favorite apps on mac for years.

• gpacifici
    gpacifici
    Community Member
    Options

What's the ETA of this feature for the Mac version of 1Password?

• RubberDuckySandwich
    Options

Could I add a vote to this feature too, please?

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2022
    Options

Done Duck!

Sorry, seeing your name put me in the mind of the move Convoy. Aka shorted name to Duck. Great movie although dated in today's world. Err, I'm telling my age. Haha

Thanks for being part of the community @RubberDuckySandwich I've got you in for looking to see this feature.

• PaulShark
    PaulShark
    Community Member
    Options

I'm on 1Password for Mac 8.9.7 but moving fields/sections still not possible? What am I missing here?

• Roaming_Bob
    Roaming_Bob
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah - I so agree, can't move fields around. This was so NOT AN IMPROVEMENT.
    The other NOT IMPROVEMENT - can't create sections to bin information, to organize content under an entry.

• Roaming_Bob
    Roaming_Bob
    Community Member
    Options

Under V7, it was possible to organized added content into sections. For example, with a login account, I would collect all my contact info used in the account in one section, all the site's support info in another.
    Why did this go away in V8? This was not an improvement, the same way it was not an improvement to remove the capacity to drag added fields into a desired order.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: macOS 12.6
    Browser:_ Firefox
    Referrer: forum-search:Create sections within a login for 1Password 8

• PaulShark
    PaulShark
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, problem solved and the solution was: Downgrade. Simply delete 1P8, install 1P7. That's it. Unfortunately not available for iOS, but I am mostly on macOS, and mixed use is no problem apparently. In several aspects, 1P8 is a beta version.

• @PaulShark

Thank you for your comment. I've let the team know that you're eager to see this feature in 1Password 8. 🙂

With the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password 7 is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. Although you can continue to use 1Password 7, it’s best to use the latest version of 1Password that includes all the latest updates. I hope that you can update back to 1Password 8 for Mac in the future.

-Dave

• bthoma
    bthoma
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I have been monitoring this conversation for months now and the way this is being treated as a “feature request” is disheartening. This isn’t new functionality. It’s removed functionality—removed without any documentation.

If the product team cares about churn, I would suggest this get prioritized and some kind of release timing/expectation communicated. There are more alternative password managers on the market now. Loyalty can be lost.

• @bthoma

This specific feature request has been promoted by the product team and, in my opinion, is highly likely to be included in a future update. However, I don't have an ETA on when exactly that will be. I know that this isn't the most satisfactory answer and I'll share your feedback with the team.

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-2091

• bthoma
    bthoma
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Thank you for the communication.

• floqdesign
    floqdesign
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for bringing back a feature from previous version of 1Password

Can't believe my request

• @bthoma

Thanks again for the feedback.

@floqdesign

I've added your comment to the tracking item. Thanks! 🙂

-Dave

• andrew.l_1P
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi @Roaming_Bob,

Thanks for sharing this use case with us, I can certainly see how it would be useful to organize your data this way. While the ability to add a section and then subsequent fields is already part of 1Password 8:

I recognize that re-ordering fields is also an important piece of this. I've shared your feedback with the team and hope to have some good news regarding this in the future. 🙂

• ossiejhmoore
    ossiejhmoore
    Community Member
    Options

One more here.. such a critical feature for sanity when editing entries.

This discussion has been closed.