Please allow PIN unlock in 1P8 Android

Options
13»

Comments

• Hi @new_creation, thanks for your support! Let us know if we can help with anything else.

• Daisame
    Daisame
    Community Member
    Options

I do really like 1password but the lack of a PIN unlock is very frustrating. I use multiple devices, and the only thing that has a fingerprint or reliable Windows Hello are my cell phone and laptop. My two other tablets and work laptop do not. So I am currently having to find alternate workarounds to using 1password on them. Even still, it takes so much longer.

This ask has been open for over a year, so presumably if this were something the development team were going to bring back to 1Password 8, they would have by now. I am now having to consider using a different platform to manage myself and my families passwords. Currently exploring the idea of using Microsoft Authenticator. I think it may even be free.

• Hi @Daisame, thanks for your feedback and patience while waiting for this feature.

I'm happy to say that as of today, a device unlock setting is included with the 1Password for Android beta which includes the option for PIN unlock.

Before updating I'd like to note that we've found a regression which causes Biometric unlock to be reset when updating to beta 8.10.9-29. So, keep in mind if you're using Biometric unlock your password will be required after the update.

If you'd like to join the beta to try out this feature, you can find steps to do so in our guide: Use 1Password beta releases.

Let us know if you have any questions of if there's anything we can help with.

• Daisame
    Daisame
    Community Member
    Options

I am pleasantly surprised. Thank you for that update. I look forward to using the new feature.

• Thanks again for your patience and support @Daisame!

This discussion has been closed.