Notes feature request

Options
casperse
casperse
Community Member

I am moving all my data to 1Password and one thing here was my Synology DSnote's
But unfortunately I cant insert any pictures only txt?

And if I select a document I only upload the pictures as a file
I really need to be able to do notes in 1Password that are secure
This would help replacing DsNote and my Evernote for these special ones that do include a picture with txt

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @casperse,

Thanks for reaching out. It's sounds like the functionality you may be looking for is a Secure Note item. You can save your notes to this item type and to attach a file, you can select + add more > Attach a file.

Likewise, you can save an image to a Document item customize your 1Password item by adding a text field to that item.

I hope this information helps, but do let us know if you have any other questions.

• casperse
    casperse
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_mike_d for replying to my "problem"
    No if I create a secure note where I am writing for example a LAN description and in the txt note would like to include a visible picture
    I cant do that - That would be an attachment as you state to be opened as a separately file

If I create a document for each of these secure notes it not as "searchable" as just a secure note that support insert of a visible picture
    You could call this a small scale Evernote or DSnote functionality in 1Password, and we can still search by tags

• Hello again @caperse, thanks for the follow up and letting us know that you'd like to see a preview of the image saved to the item.

Can you please let us know which version of 1Password you are currently using? Currently, 1Password 8 does not include image previews for attachments or document items. While I have no news to share, the team is looking into how this can be improved in the future.

Based on your comments, it sounds as though this maybe version 7, which will display image previews up to 1MB. The search functionality should be able to locate items based on text in the Title or notes field. Adjusting the context of your search may help here.

For the time being, using the image preview from document items in 1Password 7 for Windows would be your best bet for the functionality you are looking for. Your feedback is appreciated!

ref: PSS-I-98

• casperse
    casperse
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_mike_d I am on version 8 (Just needed the version 7 for some import format that the 8 version didn't support)
    Maybe in a future release, it might move many people away from a evernote subscription to 1password sub. that would be able to do the basic features that most people use.
    This would not take much space txt notes and some pictures, and you already have the favorite option in place
    Cheers

• Hi @casperse,

Having this expanded ability would certainly make 1Password even more appealing and to perhaps broader audience. We appreciate the update and additional feedback. 👍

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.