One annoyance, one problem

Options
debstr
debstr
Community Member

I have two issues, one an annoyance and the other a problem.

The annoyance: I suddenly have an emoji of a little, black grandmother with glasses next to my name on my 1Password app on my computer. I can't figure out how to change this to something more representative of me or even nothing. How do I change this?

The problem: Since the last update last week, my Safari extension for 1Password no longer works. It's there but only opens to a big white box with a button that says "Open 1Password". When I click on it nothing happens. This is true, even when 1Password is already open. How do I make it work again? I thought of uninstalling the toolbar and reinstalling it, but it wants to uninstall all of 1Password and not just the toolbar. What do I do to fix this?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.8.0
Extension Version: can’t find it
OS Version: macOS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

Maybe this will work to show the grandma or maybe it's a little boy. Either way, definitely not representative of me. LOL!

• architect1337
    architect1337
    Community Member
    Options

I get a little 'family' icon with two adults / two kids (as I have a family account I guess). I still think the login window is too big though - look at all that dead space.

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

You can change this to your own photo, but you have to do it via your web account - can't do it through the app (at least that's what I did).

• @statto1927 is correct! This change will need to be performed on 1Password.com inside you user profile.

@debstr

Do you have 1Password in the browser installed? ‎1Password for Safari on the Mac App Store Please open it once and follow the on screen directions. After you are complete. I would suggest quitting your browser completely and then opening it again.

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member
    Options

@architect1337 I agree, but it's not something that overly bothers me.

@statto1927 Thanks. I just can't figure out how to change the emoji.

@ag_tommy Thanks. I do have it installed, but I still can't figure out where to go.

• @debster

Open Safari (looking at any page) and then press command and comma the Safari preferences will open. Open the Extensions tab. Enable 1Password for Safari and in the lower right-hand section of the pane allow us access to all sites.

• Be sure to all it access to all sites. We need that permission to read (save details), write (fill details) on your behalf.

A completed setup looks like this.

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

@debstr

To change your avatar/emoji for 1P8 go to Agile Bits web page, log in to your account, go to top right and click the down arrow next to the emoji, and choose My Profile.
    Then edit your profile as required including changing the emoji for your own photo choice, save, exit and then close and re-open 1P8. Should be fixed.

• @statto1927

Many thanks for your reply.

@debstr

Please let us know how it goes.

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

No problem, been there so happy to help…..

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy As I said, I do have 1PW for Safari enabled and have for years. My screen looks exactly like what you show and, again, has forever. Whatever the problem was appeared to fix itself today, however. Thanks.

@statto1927 I've gone to the Agile Bits webpage a half dozen times, including now. I see My Profile, but the edit button only allows me to edit my name and emoji, it does not allow me to input a pic of my own. However, none of the emojis it shows are of the grandma/little boy. And when I change the emoji, it STILL does not change the grandma/little boy on my computer's 1PW app. No matter what, I get the grandma/kid. Thanks, though.

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member
    Options

@statto1927 Above is all my emoji options. None are of the grandma and changing to one of them doesn't change the grandma on my computer's 1PW app.

• @debstr

1Password for Safari is relatively new product that is the companion app of 1Password 8. It is not the older version you may have been accustomed to. It might be that you started using 1Password for Safari when we introduced it. At any rate it's good to know things are working for you.

You may need to log out and back into the app to get the new icon to appear. Correct the icon that is shown is not one that can be selected. What you see is one of the placeholder icons.

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member
    Options

@debstr

You need to click on the + icon to add you own photo - that's what I did. If that doesn't work it's over to @ag_tommy and the team, sorry.

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy & @statto1927 Whoo-hoo! Thanks to you both. The grandma is gone! LOL! I appreciate your help!

• @debstr

You're most welcome. Would you like me to close the support email you sent over?

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Yes, please. Thanks again.

• 👍

This discussion has been closed.