1Password 8 not working in some Mac user accounts

Options
2»

Comments

• Hi @markbot

I'm sorry to hear this bug has popped back up again when updating to the latest version of 1Password on your Mac. Although this bug has happened here again, we've released a fix for this in version 8.9.12 so you shouldn't experience this again moving forward.

1Password for Mac Releases: We’ve fixed an issue where 1Password could crash when opened if the app was updated by a different user account.

The updater in version 8.9.11 (which I presume was the production version you were updating from) is responsible for installing 8.9.12, which is why the permissions were set awkwardly again despite a fix being available in the newest version. We've also since released version 8.9.13 with a small unrelated fix, so could you try updating to the latest version and see if you still bump into this permissions issue on your Mac?

(Also siding with Andrew here with "behaviour" 😅)

• markbot
    markbot
    Community Member
    Options

True confession: I applied the fix in Terminal, but I'm not even sure which version I applied it to.

I'm running 8.9.13 (on the production channel) now and all's fine.

-mb

P.S. Your "behaviour" noted. Here in the USA, we can thank Noah Webster, who codified a spelling in our country which was deliberately different from that of Great Britain and the Empire, including what he may have thought was a superfluous 'u' in behavior and colour.

It's all good, I can understand you folks at least 50% of the time. :-)

• @markbot

I'm happy to hear that all is fine now. 😄

The issue should now be fixed moving forward. If you do run into any further issues then let us know.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.