Do not show 2FA autocomplete suggestion when I haven’t set up 2FA in 1Password

I use a separate app to store my 2FA tokens, because it feels less secure to keep them in the same app/vault as my passwords. As such, my 1Password vault contains almost no 2FA tokens for logins (except for a few logins in shared vaults).

However, 1Password still shows some autocomplete suggestion on 2FA login pages. This is kind of annoying, because no 2FA is set up for the logins anyway, so it’s a useless suggestion.

For example, see the 2FA screen when signing in to Google, with 1Password offering autocomplete with all my google.com logins:

2FA screen of Google, with 1Password autocomplete suggestions on the token field

I would prefer if 1Password did not show logins without 2FA set up, as there is nothing to autocomplete in that case. And if that would mean that there are no logins at all, the whole autocomplete suggestion could be hidden.

The benefit is that I will immediately know whether the 2FA token is in 1Password, or in my other app. Additionally, it would make the screen less cluttered, which is always good :)

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari 15.6.1

This discussion has been closed.