Feature request: Make 1password 8 menu bar THE SAME as your browser extensions

Options
VincentWong
VincentWong
Community Member

Before v8 I always click on the menu bar icon to access my favourites, such as pasting credit card or login data to my iPhone apps. Now I would have to open the full app every time, which is an annoyance. Yet, in the browser extension, I can easily switch between Suggestions or Favourites, which is a functionality I want in the browser extension as well. Please make it happen.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @VincentWong,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, I definitely see how it would be useful to see your favourites from Quick Access. We have an open feature request for this at the moment and while I can't make any promises, I've added a proxy vote on your behalf. πŸ‘πŸ»

In the meantime, if you haven't already, I encourage you to try Quick Access in some of the scenarios you might've previously used your Favourites: Get to know Quick Access

Let me know if you have any questions. πŸ™‚

ref: IDEA-I-902

• VincentWong
    VincentWong
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply but Quick Access is absolutely HORRIBLE . It is not Quick at all to have to type and select a login/password that I have to use frequently! Where once I only had to click on the menubar icon and click on a particular Favourite, now I would have to type what I want, then click on 'more' and then click on the respective field. From 2 clicks to way more. How is this an improvement?????

• @VincentWong

Are you pasting the username and password into other apps on your Mac or are you using Universal Clipboard to paste that password into apps on your iPhone? If it's the former then I recommend giving Universal Autofill a try since it'll allow you to fill your username and passwords into Mac apps without having to copy and paste:

And if you're pasting into iPhone apps then using iOS Password AutoFill to fill the login into the app directly would be the best bet:

Let me know if I misunderstood your use case. πŸ™‚

• VincentWong
    VincentWong
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P ,

Both of the use cases you mentioned are working fine, it's just that certain data I input into apps, like credit card info, server passwords etc, are not saved within those apps. Thus, having a pop down list of favourites when I click on my Mac menubar would make this process much easier.

• @VincentWong

Ah, thank you for clarifying. In that case, the following steps would allow you to use Quick Access to get to that information:

1. Open Quick Access (Shift-Command-Space on your keyboard).
    2. Search for an item and then press Command-O.
    3. Copy the information needed from the pop-up window that opens.

Let me know if that helps. πŸ™‚

• VincentWong
    VincentWong
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P, please see my Sep 13 reply above re: Quick Access. Why can’t you enable an option to make the menu bar function like the browser extension?

• senioruserfriendly
    Options

Make the app, extension and web page as similar as possible with the same options. To me, there is no difference--it's all 1Password.

• AlmightyBob
    AlmightyBob
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P nothing about that user experience is "quick"... with the previous status menu it was:
    1. click icon
    2. find favorite (or scroll) & click
    3. copy

now we're:
    1. typing
    2. typing
    3. typing (typing)
    4. typing...
    5. copy
    6. finally get what we want...

kind of defeats the point of making something "quick" or "easy".

some segment of the population will always adopt the "new" thing regardless of how unconventional or useless it is, but for everyone else who has actually adopted past functionality into their "business as usual" you either need to continue to support that, or just plan on losing them as a customer base. i'm guessing that's just in the business plan for this release?

• @VincentWong / @senioruserfriendly / @AlmightyBob

Appreciate all the feedback here, I can absolutely understand wanting consistent settings across the app, extension, and website. Making Quick Access more mouse-friendly or resemble the browser extension are also some things to consider. I've added all your notes here to our internal trackers on these topics and thank you all for taking the time to let us know what's important to you.

Let me know if you have any questions. πŸ™‚

ref: IDEA-I-1439
    ref: IDEA-I-1967
    ref: IDEA-I-1465

• senioruserfriendly
    senioruserfriendly
    Community Member
    Options

The same functionality should be available whether I use the app, the extension, or log on. That would avoid confusion, We should not need more than one version of the software, There might be different "levels" of the software for individuals, businesses, etc. Computers and software should be designed to meet the needs of users.

It's hard enough to figure out how to get into the community, or help.

This discussion has been closed.