Limit suggestions in iOS Safari

Options
saimens
saimens
Community Member
edited November 2023 in iOS

I'd like to limit the amount of suggested usernames / passwords in iOS Safari to only a few within all items in my 1Password vaults. How is this possible?

I handle for example a bunch of Google accounts. Whenever I need to login on a site in iOS Safari, 1Password presents all items from my vaults. It's not convenient to identify the correct one within >10 items.

On the desktop (Chrome on macOS) if found in the settings the chapter "Accounts & Vaults". My solution on the desktop is to select only the vaults, 1Password shall use for the suggestions (e.g. "Personal" in the screenshot). This works like a charm.

What is the corresponding solution in Safari in iOS? I cannot find the chapter "Accounts & Vaults" in the settings for the iOS Safari Extension.

Thanks for your Support.

1Password Version: 1Password for iOS 8.9.2
Extension Version: dito
OS Version: iOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ Mobile Safari

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2022
    Options

@saimens

Create a collection Use collections to create custom groups of vaults and then open autofill and set it to work with that collection (Show filling suggestions from). This would work for Password autofill. This is not something that is possible with the 1Password for Safari extension on iOS. Though it is my personal hope we can improve on this. I would love to narrow the scope directly within 1Password for Safari.

ref: IDEA-I-1097

• saimens
    saimens
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help.

For clarification: What you are suggesting is another approach to achieve the same what I already have (limit suggestions on the desktop in Chrome). But it's not a solution to the problem on iOS Safari. Is this correct?

Out of curiousity: "then open autofill and set it to work with that collection (Show filling suggestions from)." where is this setting? I already set up a collection. In the autofill section in Chrome, I cannot find way to select a specific collection (see screenshot):

• ag_tommy
    edited January 3
    Options

Your screenshot is from the desktop app or more correctly the browser in the desktop. The iOS settings look different. You'll want to install the iOS version. The 1Password app has its own settings. This is only for password
    autofill within iOS

There is not an option in 1Password in the browser on the desktop.

iOS > 1Password > Settings > Autofill

• @saimens

Thank you for the feedback that you previously provided letting us know that you'd like to be able to choose which vaults are used by 1Password for Safari on iOS for suggestions. I'm happy to share that this feature is now available in 1Password for iOS! 🎉

If you haven't already, please make sure that you're using the latest version of 1Password for iOS: How to keep 1Password up to date

Then follow these steps to choose which vaults you see in 1Password for Safari on iOS:

1. Open Safari and navigate to any website.
    2. Tap the aA icon in the address bar, then tap 1Password
    • If you're using an iPad, tap the 1Password icon in the address bar.
    1. Tap on the icon with three lines inside of a circle, then tap Settings.
    2. Scroll down to, or tap, Accounts & Vaults.
    3. Turn off any vaults whose items you don't wish to see suggested in Safari.

Thank you again for your continued feedback and support, it helps us improve and make 1Password even more useful for you and the community as a whole. 😊

-Dave

• saimens
    saimens
    Community Member
    Options

This is great. Thanks Dave.

• On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.