Community Member

Biometric unlock not working on z fold 4

Comments

• zfold4man
    zfold4man
    Community Member
    Options

What does that mean????jayjaybaldonado58

• Hello @zfold4man, I'm sorry to hear there's an issue with Biometric unlock on your device!

Could you share any additional details about what isn't working? Do you see any error message? What form of biometry are you trying to use?

With most device's 1Password will only accept fingerprint biometry. 1Password 8 for Android also finishes Biometric unlock setup differently than 1Password 7. If you're used to setting up Biometric unlock with 1Password 7 for Android, you can try these steps instead:
    1. Confirm a fingerprint is registered on your device.
    2. Open and unlock 1Password.
    3. Tap Settings > Security.
    4. If on, tap Biometric unlock off.
    5. Tap Biometric unlock on.
    6. Lock 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password with your account password.

On step 7 after opening 1Password you should see text below the account password field letting you know you can enter your password to finish Biometric unlock setup.

• zfold4man
    zfold4man
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Thanks for the feedback and instructions to resolve ag_timothy

I've already had a conversation with Brendan Rodgers from Customer Support @ 1Password and he gave me the same steps, which I'm glad to say resolved my issue.

What happens now to my question on the Community Support page? Do I now close the post down or what happens, as I don't need any more help?

Thanks again for reaching out

• Hi @zfold4man, thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear my colleague Brendan helped resolve this issue.

I can leave this thread open here in case someone else runs into a similar issue and would like to ask the 1Password team some follow up questions. If you prefer, I can close it instead. Thanks again!

• zfold4man
    zfold4man
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy, I'm not fussed. As you say, if anyone else runs into an issue they can ask a question, so you can leave it open. Thanks again 👍

• You're very welcome!

• RedRanger
    RedRanger
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for leaving this thread open. I just want to add that the biometric would not work on my ZFold4 when using version 8. I reverted back to version 7 where all is well. But I hope this comment helps in making version 8 more stable and complete.

• Hi @RedRanger, thanks for letting us know about this issue on your device. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with 1Password 8 on Your ZFold.

Could you tell us a little more about what wasn't working with Biometric unlock? Was there an issue enabling the setting, with the interface when scanning your fingerprint or something else? Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.