Unable to auto-fill username after updating from 1password7 to 1password8

Options
13»

Comments

• Hi @ksent, thanks for writing in.

Autofill certainly poses some challenges as Autofill services are somewhat dependent on target apps and websites providing context clues and not interfering with filling. This challenge further amplified by the wide variety of Android devices and variances between browsers which can introduce new points of friction.

The team here is regularly updating 1Password for Android's Autofill service to fill in more apps and websites and to address any issues. If you encounter an issue with an app or website, feel free to reach out! We would be happy to take a look and make sure any issues are reported.

I took a look at Garadget and Coastal24 and saw the same behavior you mentioned. As noted above I've reported that to the team. I did notice Garadget hasn't been updated since 2020 and isn't available for newer devices through the Play Store, so that might need an update itself.

In 1password 7, I think I was using the accessibility option to get around this but that option went away with version 8.

Accessibility was a great and vital option to have before Autofill was broadly supported. There may still be a few sites or apps where Accessibility has the advantage but on the whole, Autofill is easier on the system, can fill more field types, is more sustainable to update, and is less likely to prompt filling where it shouldn't.

Let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything we can help with!

• ksent
    ksent
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks that's good info. It confirms some of what I was guessing. Is there a direct way to report individual autofill issues? Or would that even be worth doing? It works most of the time, I just wish it worked everywhere I try to use it.

• Thanks for your reply @ksent!

The best way to get in touch with us regarding any questions is through our contact portal, emailing Android Support directly, or of course posting here on the community forum. I've included a link to our contact portal and the Android Support address below:

While we may not be able to address every filling issue from our end, reports from 1Password users are greatly appreciated and help us focus our attention on apps or app frameworks that have become a point of friction.

I understand that it's not quite as quick or seamless as Autofill, but I did want to mention that you can use split screen mode to drag and drop your credentials where Autofill is unavailable.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.