Pin password from Dropdown?

davet65
davet65
Community Member

What happened to the ability to Reveal my password for a site from the 1Password dropdown and then pin the window on the screen so that I can see the password when I go back to the website? I use a site that insists that I enter the password on the site's keyboard.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari, sometimes Firefox

Comments

• davet65
    davet65
    Community Member

I found an earlier post and reply. Sorry I didn't search earlier. Uses the 3 dots and Open in New Window.

That works, but is not nearly as convenient as a direct button to press and open the window with the password. So I agree with the earlier replies: bring back the button, and also the Edit button.

• Hi @davet65:

Thanks for your feedback on this. Just to confirm, would you like to see the edit button in 1Password for Mac, or 1Password in your browser? Let me know.

Jack

• davet65
    davet65
    Community Member

Having the button to hold the login window open after finding a login in the browser "drop down" is my biggest issue. And I think it disappeared automatically in earlier versions, but I honestly don't recall what I had to do after I was done manually typing in the password directly on the website's keyboard. I know that it stayed open WHILE I manually typed it in.
    The Edit button can be in 1Password for Mac; I think I usually open it rather than edit in the browser "drop down".
    Thanks.

• Hi @davet65:

In that case what may work for your needs is using Quick Access (⌘+Shift+Space), search for the relevant item, then press ⌘+Shift+O to open it in the main 1Password app, then click Show in Large Type, which will pop up a window that will stay open even when you click to another app. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• davet65
    davet65
    Community Member

Jack.P_1p:
    I don't like to use most keyboard short cuts -- unless I use them all the time. I just found it very easy to search for the relevant item by clicking on the Keyhole to get the browser dropdown and if I needed to have the window remain open, merely click on the PIN button. Two clicks -- plus the search term.

• Hi @davet65,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, I can understanding preferring mouse click to keyboard shortcuts. If you haven't already, I recommend setting the 1Password menu bar icon to automatically open Quick Access:

Additionally, adding the relevant website to that particular saved item might save you having to search for it when you're on that page. This way you can keep all the actions on the mouse.

Let me know how this goes or if you have any questions. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.