Ventura 13.0 beta & 1PW8 on Mac mini; OS wants their PW; blocks 1PW. How to stop OS.

garysherck
garysherck
Community Member

Sorry, did not understand How To Ask for Help. I do not want Mac OS to suggest their PW; I want to use 1PW8. With PW7, 1PW was at least available, but hidden behind the OS password. What can I do in my Setting to stop Mac OS from interfering with 1PW8. Or any other method. I only want to use 1PW, not the OS password Savor. Thanks, gary

1Password Version: 8.8.0 (latest 8)
Extension Version: not sure, if any
OS Version: Ventura 13.0 beta
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Ventura 13.0 beta&1PW8 on Mac mini; OS wants their PW; blocks 1PW. 7 was available. How 2 stop OS.

Comments

• Not to worry, @garysherck, you're in the right place! Could I confirm if this is happening when using a browser? I'd recommend disabling your browser's built in password manager: Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

If this isn't the case, I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

This will give me a better understanding of what you're seeing and we can figure it out from there. Be careful not to include any private information. 👍🏻

• garysherck
    garysherck
    Community Member

Thank you, Andrew
    The issue is with my Safari browser. (Chrome is my other browser, but that does not appear to be the Blocker of 1PW).

By following your instructions, I turned OFF all the built-in Safari password manager items provided in the Link you sent me.
    If that does not fix my problem, I will send you a screenshot of the issue on my Mac where Safari in Ventura 13.0 beta. Safari is not allowing me to see any 1PW password when the site that I have listed asked for my PW.

This discussion has been closed.