Unable to sign into 1Password on new device with Key and password but on old device it works.

Frikkie
Frikkie
Community Member

As the above heading states, I am able to login on my old device but the blessed login keeps on telling me on my new device that "We weren’t able to sign in to your account. Maybe there’s a typo? Check your sign-in details and try again. If you were invited to 1Password by someone else, they can recover your account." Am at my wits end, can someone please advise before i pull out the little hair I already have left on my head. Have tried the Windows app as well as the website, all to no avail but yet all my login details are correct. This is so frustrating!

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Login not working

Comments

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

Hello,
    Have you ever tried this ?
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Set Up Another Device.

• Hi @Frikkie

As @Ekalb mentioned (thank you!), you can use another device where you're still signed in to help you sign in to a new one:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

The easiest method is to have your old device display the Setup Code and scan this on your new one. It might be a little cumbersome with laptops, but it'll only need to be done once. You can then enter the same account password you use to unlock 1Password 8 on your old device.

If you need to find your account password, look for an item called "1Password Account" in your Personal or Private vault. It'll contain your account password in the Password field. Click the 🔽 down arrow beside it to Reveal it.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

• Frikkie
    Frikkie
    Community Member

Thank you so much Grey and Ekalb, it worked. I do not know why I could not figure this out earlier, but it it worked. Much appreciated.

• Hi @Frikkie, I'm so glad to hear that the provided steps helped and you've been able to sign in - thanks for letting us know! If you have any further questions or issues, don't hesitate to get back in touch.

This discussion has been closed.