1password 8 - Safari extension not auto filling my sites - deleted extension and entire software

Whattheheck
Whattheheck
Community Member

Im extremely dissatisfied with v8. Why did you change what has worked for so many years!
Ive relied on this software for years and now with the extension - auto fill is not working.
I go to a site and then click on the extension and it doesn't open for 5sec or more with a spinning wheel. Then when it does open it doesn't recognize the site anymore so I have to type in the name of the login and then when I click autofill it does nothing!!!!!!!!!
Closing that out...I try another method...the little 1password icon shows up in the box where a password can go and it recognizes the website by calling up the logins but when the login is clicked on it doesn't fill in anything it just stays there. If I click multiple times it highlights words in your 1password popup box.
However...if I Don't navigate to the site but from Safari home page just click on the extension and type in the name of the login and then click on it there...WOW, it fills it in.

I don't have time to fiddle with software that should work! ESPECIALLY when it is connected to ALL of my passwords. Please fix this. It's nerve-racking to have something I'm trusting in so implicitly to work properly and then, despite all the bragging about the new design and look (which is completely secondary to function in an app like this) basic functions are broken.

Yes I'm disappointed and yes I need a fix.

1Password Version: Mac 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: 12.6
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:you software is crap

This discussion has been closed.