1password doesn't appear on my iPhone XR

Options
DAVEHBO
DAVEHBO
Community Member

On my MacBook Air, 1password is working perfectly. But on my iPhone XR, I haven't been able to use 1password. I've set up by:
1. adding the app to my phone
2. opened a browser and managed my extensions by turning 1password on
3. tapped aA and in 1password, I've tapped always allow, and from every website
4. Here's my issue. I now go to an app or website, and when it asks for user ID and password, I don't see the 1password logo and I'm not offered autofill. I'm going to sites which are in my vault and can be used correctly on my laptop.
5. I've tried restarting my phone, but that doesn't fix my issue

I apologize, this must be beginner stuff, but I haven't been able to get to the next step.

1Password Version: 8.9.6 for IOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 16.0.2
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:ask a question

Comments

• Hello @DAVEHBO! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to fill logins on your iPhone. Just to confirm: are you always using Safari on your iPhone or do you sometimes use other browsers?

As a start, can you try the following steps to double-check that everything is setup correctly:

1. Tap on the Settings app on your iPhone.
    2. Scroll down and tap on Safari.
    3. Tap on Extensions.
    4. Tap on 1Password.
    5. Turn 1Password off and then back on.
    6. Make sure that all of the websites listed on this page are set to "Allow" including Other Websites.

Then open Safari and try to fill your login into a website again: Fill logins and other items

-Dave

• DAVEHBO
    DAVEHBO
    Community Member
    Options

I always use Safari. I've now done what you've suggested with Settings and Extensions. Toggled 1password off and back on. And clicked Allow for the other websites. Still no 1password icon and no suggestions of logins when I tap or hover over user and password spaces. Reminder: 1password does work fine with my laptop.

• @DAVEHBO

I'm sorry to hear that things still aren't working. Can you please try the following troubleshooting test:

1. Open Safari
    2. Go to https://fill.dev/form/login-simple
    3. Tap on the Username field

Then take a screenshot of what you see and post it here so that I can take a look. I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• DAVEHBO
    DAVEHBO
    Community Member
    Options

What I'm finding is 1password is now working with websites, but I can't use it to populate my apps

• @DAVEHBO

It looks like your iPhone's settings for Password AutoFill haven't been switched over to 1Password 8 just yet. Here's what to do:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Make sure that:
    • AutoFill Passwords is turned on
    • 1Password is checked
    • all others, especially Keychain, are unchecked.

Then, when you tap a Password field in an app, you should see the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard, allowing you to choose an item from 1Password to autofill. Let me know how that works out. :)

This discussion has been closed.