Upgrade MacOS on MacBook Pro to Ventura 16.0 and 1PW 8 extension in Safari 16.1 not working

Options
tripleajr
tripleajr
Community Member

Upgrade MacOS on MacBook Pro to Ventura 16.0 and now 1PW 8 extensio in Safari 16.1 not working right

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgrade MacOS on MacBook Pro to Ventura 16.0 and now 1PW in Safari 16.1 not working right

Comments

• Hello @tripleajr! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password for Safari isn't working correctly. Can you tell me a little more about what specifically isn't working? For example, do you see the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar?

If you don't see 1Password in Safari then the steps in this guide may help: If you don't see the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• tripleajr
    tripleajr
    Community Member
    Options

Upgrade MacOS on MacBook Pro to Ventura 16.0 and now 1PW 8 extensio in Safari 16.1 not working right
    Follow up details to previous question:
    1Pasword 8 with its Safari extension
    MacOS Ventura 16.l0

1. In Safari ->settings->web sites, on the left panel under EXTENSIONS, 1PW has a triangle with exclamation point in it (warning signal) that warns "Allowing other websites permits this extension to read and alter every webpage you visit, and see all your browsing history."
    2. When I click on the 1PW extension its right panel displays a list of "currently open windows" not all of which are actually open and a list of "configured websites" which includes some starting with 1password.* and then several more. What does this mean to 1PW?
  • tripleajr
    tripleajr
    Community Member
    Options

I can see the 1password icon in the tool bar

• @tripleajr

Thank you for the reply. 1Password for Safari requires access to your browsing history across all websites in order to know which website you're visiting so that it knows which login item to suggest. Without this permission 1Password for Safari wouldn't know which website's login information to suggest and fill into the browser.

Please make sure that all of the websites listed under Safari > Settings > Websites > 1Password for Safari are set to Allow. Then make sure that the "For other websites" option is set to Allow as well.

Once this is done try to fill a login into a website using this guide: Save and fill passwords in your browser

Let me know if that doesn't work. 🙂

-Dave

• GregInSeattle
    GregInSeattle
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

I have a similar problem. I upgraded to Ventura (13.0) yesterday. This morning, I upgraded to 1Password 8 (8.9.4). During installation it asked several questions about installing the 1PW Safari extension. I answered yes to everything, including the questions from Safari about allowing access to all websites, etc. I also noticed the extension had a yellow triangle with an "!" in it. Later the same day, there is no extension for 1PW in Safari (16.1). Going to the 1PW app and clicking on Help -> Troubleshooting -> Fix Missing Safari Extension has no effect that I can see. There are currently no 1PW symbols anywhere on the Safari menu bar, in the search field, in the extensions setting for Safari, etc. (Evernote's extension does show up).

• @GregInSeattle

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password for Safari isn't working on your Mac. As a first step can you double-check that 1Password for Safari is installed from the Mac App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/1password-for-safari/id1569813296?mt=12

Once that's done please restart your Mac and try the Fix Missing Safari Extension tool from inside of the 1Password 8 app again. Do you now see 1Password for Safari when you open Safari, click Settings, and click Extensions?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• GregInSeattle
    GregInSeattle
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. That worked, even without restarting the Mac and using Fix Missing Safari Extension.

• @GregInSeattle

I'm happy to hear that 1Password for Safari is working now. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.