Can I get 1P to fill in more than two fields on a login form?

iwaddo
iwaddo
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, the login page for this website https://www.nsandi.com requires three fields, NS&I Number, Surname and Password.

1P fills in the NS&I Number and Password but not the Surname.

When I look at the record in 1P, my Surname has been saved into a 'Saved on Secure.NSandI.com' field called Surname so I was expecting it to populate but it does not.

Any ideas how to resolve this greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908001)
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.0
Browser:_ Safari Version 16.1 (18614.2.9.1.12)
Referrer: forum-search:filling in multiple fields

Comments

• Hi @iwaddo,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I have done some testing on this page and seem to be able to fill all three fields as expected.

Can you confirm the URL that is saved within your item?

Could you also make sure you have updated to the latest version of 1Password in your browser: How to keep 1Password up to date in your browser.

Let me know how you get on!

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

@steph.giles

Hi, thank you for trying to help me.

Your question prompted me to check the url. It was lengthly, so I simplified it to https://secure.nsandi.com/ but it still does not work.

I am currently running 2.4.1 of 1Password for Safari which I believe is the fastest version.

I am sure the problem is something silly I am doing.

Thank you for your support.

Regards

• Thanks for getting back to me @iwaddo.

Can you try these steps to re save your login manually to see if we can get things filling:

1. Go to the log in page
    2. Manually enter your credentials but don't click enter or sign in.
    3. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose 'Save Login'
    4. Give it a title and click Save.
    5. Now refresh the page and see if you are able to fill.

Let me know if this improves things for you!

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

@steph.giles

Hi, that worked, but I cannot work out why. The new saved login looks the same as the old one. I've copied the url from the new saved login to the old but the old still does not work.

Is there a way to see more detail of what is actually saved?

Is this one of things where I just need to accept the win, delete the old saved login and rename the new?

Thank you for your help.

Regards

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@iwaddo

If your login was created a while back, it's possible that your login was converted from a different template to our current one. In that process, some data may not be set up correctly, and therefore it does not fill. Additionally, it's possible that the website updated its code and the Surname field is a different field type now. The old login data would no longer be compatible with the field, and the easiest way to address that is to save a new login directly from the website.

It's hard to say what went wrong with the old login, but it's something that can be easily corrected so I don't recommend staying stuck on it for too long. We work with many users who have to update their logins, and doing so via the method Steph shared is the best process.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

@Joy_1P

I have a couple that do not work as expected so will recreate them as they arise and see how I get on.

Thank you for your support.

Regards

• You're most welcome @iwaddo,

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

This discussion has been closed.