I tried to log into 1Passwordsupport--I didn't think I had an acct (at least not in my 1PW list)-

Options
TripleHjr
TripleHjr
Community Member

(I have 1PW 8.9.4 installed)--so tried to register and it said it already had an acct for my email (but nothing in my 1PW list) so I went the forgot my password route--got new password--Safari saved in Keychain but nothing came up from 1PW to save--after got into a 1PW support acct--went back to 1PW to see if I could find where they hid the password I had just received and nada!--where are you hiding it?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac 12.6.1
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:1pasword support

Comments

• Hello @TripleHjr! ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble finding your saved credentials for the Support Community in 1Password. I don't recommend using Keychain at the same time as 1Password since it can lead to confusion and issues such as this. I recommend that you migrate your items from the Keychain to 1Password:

Move your iCloud Passwords from Safari to 1Password

Once this is done you can disable Safari's Keychain and then install 1Password for Safari by following these steps:

1. Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser
    2. Install 1Password for Safari from the Mac App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/1password-for-safari/id1569813296?mt=12

Let me know if you run into any issues. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

• TripleHjr
    TripleHjr
    Community Member
    Options

I've been using 1Password since 2015 and have never turned off KeyChain--are you inferring that in order to run 1PW 8 we now should turn off KeyChain?--and why would I want to move my iCloud Passwords to 1PW?---all I wanted to know was why is this log box showing up on the desktop every time I restart my system--it asks me to load the 1PW extension which is already loaded and checked--

• @TripleHjr

Using two different password managers at the same time can result in you saving different logins, or saving different versions of logins, in two different places. This can then lead to you being unable to login to a website or unable to find your logins in 1Password. While it's ultimately your decision whether you keep using Safari's built-in password manager alongside 1Password, I recommend that you only use 1Password to save all of your passwords and logins for the best experience.

all I wanted to know was why is this log box showing up on the desktop every time I restart my system--it asks me to load the 1PW extension which is already loaded and checked--

To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and post it with your reply:

Make sure that nothing sensitive is visible in the screenshot. I look forward to hearing from you. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.