preferences doesn't work to extend lockout

sShiloh7
sShiloh7
Community Member

My screen locks after 10 minutes, which isn't long enough. I have tried resetting the time to 30 minutes, an hour, and NEVER in preferences. It continues to lock me out after 10 minutes. That's my problem.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.0
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:preferences doesn't work to extend lockout

Comments

• Hi there @sShiloh7

Could you post a screenshot of your current Security settings in 1Password? Here's what to do:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click the 1Password menu (next to the  Apple menu) > Preferences...
    3. On the Security tab, take a screenshot.

☞ If you press ⇧⌘4 (Shift–Command–4), then press the Space bar, you'll be able to take a screenshot of just the Preferences window by clicking on it.

1. Post that screenshot here, using the 📄 document button in the comment box to attach it (or you can drag and drop it in).

🔍👀 Before posting, check that no personal information such as any full names, usernames, passwords, your credit card number, Secret Key or account password are visible.️

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• sShiloh7
    sShiloh7
    Community Member

• sShiloh7
    sShiloh7
    Community Member

Hi Grey....

Tnx for answering. I had upgraded to Ventura and screenshots are now shift/command/5. I tried that and my computer locked up with the disappearance of my mouse. OMG! A mousetrap! LOL I was able to get out of it by hitting return and shutting down. Now I'm back and used your shift/command/4 and it worked fine, so tnx again! Hope you can figure out why my 1Password keeps shutting down at 10 minutes, which is hardly enough time to heat something in the micro for lunch. Just getting tired of putting my master pw in every time I have to leave the computer for brief times. "Never" would work fine because I log out of everything before putting my computer to bed. Weekend fun, eh? Have a good one.

• sShiloh7
    sShiloh7
    Community Member

Wait a minute. I didn't think to uncheck the lock on sleep, screensaver, or switching users. Checking that out.

• @sShiloh7 – If that option is turned on and your screen goes off, either when it goes to sleep or if the screensaver starts, then that will cause 1Password to lock, so do give it a go with "Lock on sleep, screensaver, or switching users" turned off and let me know if that helps. :)

• sShiloh7
    sShiloh7
    Community Member

Have made the change to 30 minutes, will try it out and let you know. Tnx! >;-)

• sShiloh7
    sShiloh7
    Community Member

I left my computer for 15 minutes, screen saver probably came on, but when I got back, the screen had gone to black in a sleep mode. Clicked the mouse, screen opened, and 1Password was still open and running. Looks like it worked. :-) Tnx for hanging out with me on this, Grey. Have a great weekend! Off to watch football.

• @sShiloh7

Great! Glad to hear that sorted it out for you. Let us know if you have any questions or trouble in the future – we'll be here. :)

This discussion has been closed.