Problem after updating to Mac 8.9.8

tutupapi
tutupapi
Community Member

I just update to Mac 8.9.8. Now none of the websites that I have in my 1Password login list will automatically fill in. The 1Password icon is no longer showing on websites that are in my l1Password ogin list—and that I could have previously clicked on the icon and the login information would fill in. When I try to OPEN AND FILL a website that is in my 1Passwprd login list, it opens the webpage, but does not fill in the login information. So, as of now, I have to copy and paste the login information from my 1Password list into each website that I am trying to log into. WHAT HAPPENED????????? How do I fix this problem??

1Password Version: Mac 8.9.8
Extension Version: I downloaded it when new version opened, but where
OS Version: Mac OS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Problem after updating to Mac 8.9.8

Comments

• tutupapi
    tutupapi
    Community Member

After reading the other comments about problems with version 8 (I guess I should have read them first before following the prompt from 1Password to update to Mac 8.9.8.), I have deleted the new update and and am back to using 1Password 7. We pay for an app, follow the recommendation to update, and then the app doesn't work property. Maybe when it is actually fully functioning, I will try update to 8 again. Also, having no real-time support from 1Password is really not acceptable. Having to post a problem with which I need help NOW on a forum, and wait for someone to read it and respond, just doesn't work. Available and prompt customer service should be part of what we are all paying for. It makes me wonder if 1Password is the best choice for password management?

• Hi there @tutupapi

Since you wrote that you're using Safari as your main browser, it sounds like the 1Password for Safari extension might not have been installed which would allow autofilling.

If you missed the prompt to install it when you started up 1Password 8 for the first time, you can find all of the browser extensions here:

Get started with 1Password in your browser

When 1Password for Safari is installed, you'll be able to autofill just like you could in 1Password 7.

If you ever need support from us, you can reach us here on the 1Password Community, via email at support@1password.com or via Twitter at @1Password. Let me know how things go and I'll be here to help. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.