Two problems on iPad. 1 Password is not coming up to fill in passwords. + v8 and v7 both still there

Options
suecunningham27
suecunningham27
Community Member

I am trying to used 1Password on my iPad. When I downloaded v8 v7 is still there which is confusing. Also, password seems to go to Google Chrome passwords rather than 1Password. Thanks for your help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IPad
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Two problems on iPad. 1 Password is not coming up to fill in passwords. + v8 and v7 both still there

Comments

• more_cowbell
    more_cowbell
    Community Member
    Options

V7 and V8 can coexist. The is more useful for long time users relying on local vaults that V8 no longer supports.

For the other issue have you gone into Settthings >> Passwords >> Password options to set 1Password as the auto fill app?

• Hello @suecunningham27! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling passwords in Chrome on your iPad. Once you've confirmed that you can see all of your items in 1Password 8 you can remove 1Password 7 by using this guide: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

As @more_cowbell mentioned, you may need to enable 1Password 8 for Password AutoFill before you can fill your logins in Chrome. Here are the specific steps to follow:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.