iOS 8.9.7 never rarely returns my passwords when I try to get them for a specific site.

gsetser
gsetser
Community Member

In 7, I just had to click the 1Password icon on a site logon, and I got my password from 1P. Now, with 8, nothing comes up. Rarely ever works. Yes, I'm signed in on my iPhone. It simply never finds the passwords I know are there. iOS 8 works on my computer as expected (though not as well as 7), but is useless on my phone now. Is it possible to revert back to 7 on the phone and keep 8 on my computer. Changing these things is such a hassle. I truly regret updating this.

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: 2.4.2
OS Version: iOS 15.7.1
Browser:_ Vivaldi (Chrome)
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 8.9.7 not working on iPhone.

Comments

• Hello @gsetser! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling your passwords on your iPhone. Have you enabled 1Password 8 to work with Password AutoFill? Please try the following steps:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

If you're using Safari, then this guide will show you how to enable and use 1Password for Safari: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• gsetser
    gsetser
    Community Member

Thank you. I'll try that. I was looking under 1Password (the app) in settings for just such an option. I never would have thought to look where you suggest.

• Hi @gsetser,

On Dave's behalf, you're very welcome. If you ever need anything from us at 1Password Support, please do contact us. We'll be here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.