1Password for Safari asking for password every time on iOS 16.1 or later

Options
124»

Comments

• TerriHorse
    TerriHorse
    Community Member
    Options

I have spent the last week porting a family membership from lastpass on a free trial of 1password. Transferring entries didn't go particularly smoothly so I have significant time invested. I'm happy enough with 1password on our macs at this point but cannot get autofill to work on ios (ipad) in safari in an acceptable way. The browser extension prompts me to enter my password every single time. That's not going to cut it. Seeing that this has been a known issue for months is far from confidence inspiring. Given the time I've already put into the transition, I'm super annoyed. I'll either have to stick with lastpass or move onto one of the other password managers.

For what it's worth I'm not using biometrics.

• Hello everyone,

We recently released a new update to 1Password for iOS which includes a variety of improvements for both Face ID and Touch ID.

Your iPhone or iPad will update to 1Password version 8.10.0 automatically if automatic updates are turned on; otherwise, open the App Store app to download the latest version.

If you still have trouble using Face ID or Touch ID to unlock 1Password for Safari after updating then please let us know by creating a new thread so that we can investigate the specific issue on your device further. 🙂

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#18709

This discussion has been closed.